Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomgirl)
    Well if it was for purely religious reasons it might put me off slightly, simply because I am not a religious person myself and therefore would not consider myself to be compatible with them for those reasons. But I've never been in this situation so I don't know how I'd react, if I really liked them then it wouldn't matter. However if they were saving themselves for religion then chances are that they are quite open about their religious beliefs etc which is the opposite to how I am. However if it was for other reasons, such as just wanting it to be with someone special etc, then I wouldn't mind at all.
    But I think the two are often linked, and even the same. I mean, I don't think many people would simply do something like this simply because it was part of their religion, I think they'd try to understand WHY it's part of their religion. For me personally, I understand sex to be something special and designed to share with only one person, so that they feel special. I think this because of my religion, but this sort of leads to me wanting to make the other person feel special (going on the principle that it is a special thing, which comes from my religion!) if that makes sense....

ReputationRep:
    I'd give them props because they're keeping it real and doing their own thing. I mean girls should give you credit unless they're not the sharpest hoe in the shed.

I've just decided to save sex too so good on you (and me) because our parents will be proud of us.

ReputationRep:
    so you think waiting until you get married to jab some poor girl with your meat stick will make it more special? right.........

i wish people would get off their high horses when it comes to sex! sex is good and feels fantastic with the right person and as long as you both have feelings for each other it will be a good experience! you only live once so why waste years of your life not having sex when you could be having very good sex??

christ alive!!!

ReputationRep:
    I guess you're not after a fling with a girl though. And I couldn't imagine the average person waiting for marriage until they have sex would not be religious. Can I just ask why you are saving yourself until marriage if you are religious? I still don't get it. A friend of mine used to say this when she was 16-17 and I know that she could never explain why to me, just 'well I'm Catholic so I shouldn't'. Well she's definetly not married now and she has a different boyfriend and I know it didn't take long for her to change her mind!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    I'd give them props because they're keeping it real and doing their own thing. I mean girls should give you credit unless they're not the sharpest hoe in the shed.

I've just decided to save sex too so good on you (and me) because our parents will be proud of us.
    Good on you
    Wouldnt have thought so based on your extensive past posts regarding this area :p:

ReputationRep:
    Its nice I guess...but I doubt I could be in a relationship with someone with those views. Im still a virgin (my boyfriend isnt) but if I got married, itd be years away and I dont think I wanna wait that long.

(Original post by Ariadne)
    It'd probably depend on if it's just penetration he's against, or an all-out 'ban' on anything sexual. Hmm...
    oh & this. If it was a complete nothing...dont think I could cope with that.

ReputationRep:
    What in particular is the difference between pentration and anything else. It's the same concept. If your doing one, you might as well do the other. Some people take sex wayyyyyyyy too seriously. I'm afriad if you've waited for years until you are in marriage you are likely to be sorely disappointed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calumcalum)
    So basically, for different reasons, I've decided I only really want to have sex with one person in my life, and so therefore I may save it for marriage. Now I always think that the kinda person I'll want to be with will share my opinion and also think that if you save it for one person, it'll be more special for them and they can feel more special. I certainly feel this way about girls saving it, but I'm wondering how many girls actually feel similarly or would actually value a guy for thinking something like this? Thanks
    If a guy saved it and then wanted to only have sex with me, I'd feel special.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical-twist3)
    If a guy saved it and then wanted to only have sex with me, I'd feel special.
    Agree with Yaz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmin2K8)
    Agree with Yaz
    On many levels

ReputationRep:

is that fo real?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electro_girl)
    so you think waiting until you get married to jab some poor girl with your meat stick will make it more special? right.........

i wish people would get off their high horses when it comes to sex! sex is good and feels fantastic with the right person and as long as you both have feelings for each other it will be a good experience! you only live once so why waste years of your life not having sex when you could be having very good sex??

christ alive!!!
    Answered it partly...

ReputationRep:
    all i hope is that you are doing this for the right reasons. not just because you havnt had much luck with the ladies and want some kind of "get out of jail free" card.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ally.pants)
    I guess you're not after a fling with a girl though. And I couldn't imagine the average person waiting for marriage until they have sex would not be religious. Can I just ask why you are saving yourself until marriage if you are religious? I still don't get it. A friend of mine used to say this when she was 16-17 and I know that she could never explain why to me, just 'well I'm Catholic so I shouldn't'. Well she's definetly not married now and she has a different boyfriend and I know it didn't take long for her to change her mind!
    I hoped I'd already answered that I see myself as hoepfully challenging my faith a lot, and so understanding why I follow it, and why I follow certain parts of it. To me, I think sex was designed by God as something of a covenant between you and the one person you really truly love, and I think it is a sign of commitment, much more important than marriage to me. As it is this sign of real love and commitment, I think personally that it's only really appropriate to save it for one person, so that they can hopefully feel special that you've saved it for them to show how much you love them and are committed to them.

ReputationRep:
    I just generally think religion is a bad reason to not have sex. But you know, if that's what you want to do then I should probably shut up and leave you to it. I've studied quite a lot of religious history, reformation and what not and I just think it's funny where certain parts of the bible actually came from with regards to sex before marriage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SouthernFreerider)
    all i hope is that you are doing this for the right reasons. not just because you havnt had much luck with the ladies and want some kind of "get out of jail free" card.
    If that were the reason, I would probably stay quiet about it. I promise you (as much as that counts from a stranger on the internet) that it is for the right reasons.

edit: Conversely, girls do not regularly beg me to sleep with them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calumcalum)
    I hoped I'd already answered that I see myself as hoepfully challenging my faith a lot, and so understanding why I follow it, and why I follow certain parts of it. To me, I think sex was designed by God as something of a covenant between you and the one person you really truly love, and I think it is a sign of commitment, much more important than marriage to me. As it is this sign of real love and commitment, I think personally that it's only really appropriate to save it for one person, so that they can hopefully feel special that you've saved it for them to show how much you love them and are committed to them.
    so what do you define as sex and what type of sex? how far would you go with a girl who wasn't your wife or fiance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmin2K8)
    Good on you
    Wouldnt have thought so based on your extensive past posts regarding this area :p:
    (Original post by imtired)
    is that fo real?
    Nah. Don't worry guys, I don't wanna lose my dignity

ReputationRep:
    Will the "London School of Pimping" still have you? haha.

One thing that really irritates me about people and sex is when virgins say their wedding night will be 'an amazing romp'. I have one friend who thinks that's what it'll be like and she clearly hasn't realised that:

a) the guy will have no idea what he's doing so it won't be as passionate as films portray..
    b) she will probably be in some pain, or maybe she will one of the lucky ones that won't be

Still nonetheless, I think people who save themselves for marriage should be respected but naive idiots that think it'll be like a scene out out of a film need a wake up call because it won't be. That's just my opinion though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ally.pants)
    I just generally think religion is a bad reason to not have sex. But you know, if that's what you want to do then I should probably shut up and leave you to it. I've studied quite a lot of religious history, reformation and what not and I just think it's funny where certain parts of the bible actually came from with regards to sex before marriage.
    I'm fully aware that sex before marriage isn't mentioned in the Bible However, using Biblical interpretation as a whole, and historical beliefs of Judaeo-Christian views on sex, there is still definitely the idea that sex is a sign of commitment and a covenant between two people. Of course, I'm not saving sex just to follow the crowd, or just to appease my religion, I'm following it because the Biblical view on sex seems sensible to me, and I feel the reasoning behind it can equally appeal to some secularist thinking. Remember, I'm not explicitly waiting for marriage (I think sex is a strong enough sign of commitment for marriage to be a huge deal), I just think it should be saved for commitment.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.