Network Rail Apprenticeship March 2020

Watch
NRhopeful
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Has anyone else just had their NR assessment day? How did you get on and what discipline would you choose if you’re successful? I’m hoping for signals or telecoms. Hopefully we should find out before Christmas 😁
Ryand4566
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I have my assessment day coming up soon, any tips you think would be useful? Also what did the case study consist off? Hope you hear from them soon, good luck!!
14jlister
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Have you had your assessment yet?
Ryand4566
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Not yet, you??
Tech18
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I have only heard from them saying I have passed the sjt test but nothing more
Ryand4566
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Weird? Thought the last assessment date for March intake is 20th of January but not 100%, maybe drop them an email?
Tech18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Oh really maybe is to do with regions I'm based in London. Just wanted to ask where did you get those dates from is it the same one from the link in the website where you check your application status? Thanks
catdean
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
had my assessment day at the start of december, got offered a place on christmas eve is there anyone else here thats starting in march as well?
Tech18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by catdean)
had my assessment day at the start of december, got offered a place on christmas eve is there anyone else here thats starting in march as well?
What region you at if you don't mind me asking? I'm still waiting to hear back from them
catdean
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Tech18)
What region you at if you don't mind me asking? I'm still waiting to hear back from them
im going to be based in the south east and i had my assessment centre in london. They told me it would be 2 weeks until i found out whether i had the job or not, but i called them and they said due to a backlog of candidates it would be delayed by a week or 2. i found out just over 3 weeks after my assessment centre date
14jlister
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Same👍🏻 See you March 29th
Ryand4566
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Awesome news! Any tips for the assessment centre, case study etc?
14jlister
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
For the assessment centre the case study is like comprehension so it’s ok just be aware of the time as you get 20 mins. In our group task we had to build a bridge that would hold a toy train but it doesn’t matter if it works or not just how well you work in a group. For the actual interview just be logical and research some health and safety on the railway.
Ryand4566
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thank you so much pal! Really appreciate it! Congrats again on getting a spot!
14jlister
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Cheers mate hopefully see you soon good luck👍🏻
catdean
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
anyone else proper nervous this whole coronavirus situation is going to affect the start date at westwood?
Mhickson22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by catdean)
anyone else proper nervous this whole coronavirus situation is going to affect the start date at westwood?
I’ve had an email off them saying ‘ The next stage of our process is typically an assessment centre. Given the current global situation we are unable to go ahead with this stage in the way we usually would and so we are temporarily pausing our recruitment process whilst we look at alternative solutions and timescales to complete this final stage of the process.’ X
catdean
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm guessing that's for the September intake. I was accepted into the march intake back in December and its been delayed until the end of April now. But I'm still starting the contract and being paid as usual so it's all good
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (290)
34.16%
No (559)
65.84%

Watched Threads