The Student Room Group

B/f.. bored? confused? life?

Please keep anon or delete.

I am so confused about so much right now. Firstly, I'm confused about my relationship, to give a basic outline, been together 2 years, and now I'm not sure what is going on, I don't know if I want to be in this relationship forever. Or if I want to be alone or if I want to see other people?

I don't know why I feel like this, am I bored? he has done nothing wrong, in fact he is great, and I have no problem with him at all. But I feel like, im young, is this it?

I just don't know what I want in life... and I don't want to mess him about.

I'm not really sure what I'm asking, just perhaps if there is anyone else in this position? or has been? is it just a case of waiting to see what happens? or is this all a bad sign?

Scroll to see replies

isnt there such a thing called the 2 year itch? i'd hold out for that reason alone
Reply 2
Mm, it's been over 2 years.. closer to 3...
Reply 3
Occassionally people get like this. After you've been together a while it comes to either we are going to be together in the distant future, or maybe I should get out there whilst i'm young and there's the opportunity. I felt like this a little a few months ago... I spoke to my boyfriend about it and he got a little upset I think but it made me feel better about us. I realise now that I wouldn't like it if he wasn't around. We've been together a similar length of time to you and your boyfriend. How long hayou been feeling like this?
Reply 4
Probably a while now, it goes through stages. But at least a few months I have thought about it.
Reply 5
It's normal (I think) I do it occassionally and it lasts a while. But at the end of the day I always think about it (maybe after we've had a particulary nice evening) and decide it's just me being a little bit silly. Obviously you two may need to bring things to an end. Maybe you could have a chat, or spend a week or two seeing less of eachother and seeing more of friends and see how you feel?
Felt like that with the last boyfriend. Ended up falling for someone else and now with him and ten times happier. If you've felt it for a while and certain things don't feel right when you think about him in your future then I'd go.
charla
Felt like that with the last boyfriend. Ended up falling for someone else and now with him and ten times happier. If you've felt it for a while and certain things don't feel right when you think about him in your future then I'd go.

Out of interest, how long have you been with the new guy?
Reply 8
You just don't want to be with the same person.
solution: open relationship.
Reply 9
Well... it's common, yeah. Relationships start off all new and exciting as you get to know a person and you really have a blast, then things morph into something else and it becomes more like.. well.. am I going to be with you forever? Do I want to be?

I suppose it's a question you have to ask of yourself. It may be nice, being together, you may be used to it, may be comfortable. But is it love? Is it something you want for life?

When I start questioning things like that, that's when I know it's not.
Reply 10
I think its easy to get bored in relationships and fall into a routine. I think thats why its important to do different things with eachother, do something you've never done before. I split up with my now ex because i was bored, i didnt feel the same for him.

I havent beem with my current bf all that long, about 4/5 months but i feel like i want to spend the rest of my life with him. And people say you know when your with the one , dont they?
Reply 11
red_Rose
I think its easy to get bored in relationships and fall into a routine. I think thats why its important to do different things with eachother, do something you've never done before. I split up with my now ex because i was bored, i didnt feel the same for him.

I havent beem with my current bf all that long, about 4/5 months but i feel like i want to spend the rest of my life with him. And people say you know when your with the one , dont they?

They do indeed! And having experience of "not the one" certainly helps, too.

The idea still scares me a little though. And I don't wanna say anything too drastic (the L word :p:) to my boyfriend without being sure.
Reply 12
suek
They do indeed! And having experience of "not the one" certainly helps, too.

The idea still scares me a little though. And I don't wanna say anything too drastic (the L word :p:) to my boyfriend without being sure.

I told my boyfriend how i felt the other week and he feels the same. Im so happy and i just feel that this is so right for me.
It just feels different from my other relationships too :love:

You should talk to your boyfriend :smile: chances are he feels the same
I know what you mean :frown:

I am bored of my gf.. I love her to pieces but I'm simply bored and want to experience new people.. I just hate the thought of her being with anyone else!
That hurts really bad because I love her.. but at the same time the relationship isn't that good...
red_Rose
chances are he feels the same

really? I don't know about that.. but maybe..
Anonymous
I know what you mean :frown:

I am bored of my gf.. I love her to pieces but I'm simply bored and want to experience new people.. I just hate the thought of her being with anyone else!
That hurts really bad because I love her.. but at the same time the relationship isn't that good...

If you're still in love with her then maybe you just need to try new things together, to break out of your routine? It sounds like you need to change your relationship, not throw it away altogether. Love will find a way (haha at the cheesiness :rolleyes:).
Phantom Phoenix
If you're still in love with her then maybe you just need to try new things together, to break out of your routine? It sounds like you need to change your relationship, not throw it away altogether. Love will find a way (haha at the cheesiness :rolleyes:).

I've tried breaking the routine but there just isn't really much else to do with her.. parties and gigs are difficult because she demands all my attention and none of my friends like her because of th above and also because at college she's known as "crying girl" because she crys all the time about ridiculous stuff and has shouted at me in the refectory, etc, not afraid of making a scene.. so embarresing.. thank god college is over!

I guess the thing is, I love her for what she was at the start of the relationship but I don't like what she's become :frown:
Anonymous
I've tried breaking the routine but there just isn't really much else to do with her.. parties and gigs are difficult because she demands all my attention and none of my friends like her because of th above and also because at college she's known as "crying girl" because she crys all the time about ridiculous stuff and has shouted at me in the refectory, etc, not afraid of making a scene.. so embarresing.. thank god college is over!

I guess the thing is, I love her for what she was at the start of the relationship but I don't like what she's become :frown:

Oh dear. She sounds a little difficult to deal with. Maybe she is depressed, if she cries a lot? Still, there is nothing more likely to kill off a relationship than obscene clinginess, and certainly if she makes a habit out of embarrassing you then telling her to calm down would seem to be in order. Has she always been like this and it's only just starting to annoy you, or is it a more recent thing?
Reply 18
I do just feel like Suek said, that if I am questioning all this, is it right? .. but then I wonder if it is silly to give up on such a positive relationship?
Reply 19
And I mean, positive in all other ways apart from this!

Latest

Trending

Trending