Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    brushin my teeth.. when its get to like 12-1 at night, im too tired! but then feel all guilty when lying in bed haha so i get up to do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    £33 for all what you get waxed? . . . that is a good bargin?!
    I know all my friends think it's expensive then i point out to them how much it is in other places.

Considering that I live in a small town you'd think it would be more due to less demand.

My beutician is the manager and said to me that she doesn't see the point in charging loads of money as what they provide and what they charge is about 10 times as much as it acually costs them to get the supplies so those places that charge expensive amounts make even more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpanther_414)
    brushin my teeth.. when its get to like 12-1 at night, im too tired! but then feel all guilty when lying in bed haha so i get up to do it
    Yes yes and yes that happens to me lol but usually its 3 - 4 am. You get into bed about to drift off then you remember you havent, so you lye there thinking about it for a few minutes and you end up getting up

ReputationRep:
    I love cleansing and moisturising my skin as i love the way it feels afterwards but drying and straightening my hair is sooo boring. I don't mind applying make up but anything hair related, body related, shaving related or eyebrow related is just so tedious.

But i guess it has to be done. I'd rather put myself through that then go out with hairy legs.

(Original post by sweetlovinchick2k1)
    I know all my friends think it's expensive then i point out to them how much it is in other places.

Considering that I live in a small town you'd think it would be more due to less demand.

My beutician is the manager and said to me that she doesn't see the point in charging loads of money as what they provide and what they charge is about 10 times as much as it acually costs them to get the supplies so those places that charge expensive amounts make even more
    Gawd, that is definately cheap IMO. Considering I have paid £35 for a bikini playboy wax before?! :ninja: - i think I will search a lot more around my town and see if I can get a good package like yours. Failing that I will come to your town and get it done! lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    everything really. dont mind washing my hair and my face and taking a shower, all the usual. but waxing, doing my eyebrows, putting makeup on is just so tedious and most days i dont even bother with makeup anymore grrrrrrr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Gawd, that is definately cheap IMO. Considering I have paid £35 for a bikini playboy wax before?! :ninja: - i think I will search a lot more around my town and see if I can get a good package like yours. Failing that I will come to your town and get it done! lol :p:
    Your more than welcome lol

ReputationRep:
    I don't do my eyebrows - they're fine as they are.
    I don't mind doing my hair, and when I cant be bothered I just stick it back in a ponytail (most of the time, cos I need to wear it up for work anyway)
    Shaving my legs really does bug me, cos I only generally do it when I know they're going to be on show - yes Im a minger, but who cares if you're wearing trousers all the time? Its annoying when I go to wear a skirt and realise i need to shave yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielle89)
    I don't do my eyebrows - they're fine as they are.
    I don't mind doing my hair, and when I cant be bothered I just stick it back in a ponytail (most of the time, cos I need to wear it up for work anyway)
    Shaving my legs really does bug me, cos I only generally do it when I know they're going to be on show - yes Im a minger, but who cares if you're wearing trousers all the time? Its annoying when I go to wear a skirt and realise i need to shave yet...
    Oh no you're totally right there...i usually only shave my legs once a week, especially when the weather's not great, there's no point otherwise cos i'll just be wearing jeans all week! If i'm showing my legs i'll always shave though.

(Original post by Danielle89)
    Shaving my legs really does bug me, cos I only generally do it when I know they're going to be on show
    But don't you find when you then have to shave them that the hairs are long and hard to get off? . . . .

ReputationRep:
    But don't you hate the feeling of your legs when they are hairy?
    My boyfriend doesn't mind whether I have hairy legs but I try to shave them once a week otherwise they just feel horrible, ergh.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly couldn't care less, I find it easier to shave when there's more to shave, and I don't really feel them any different if their unshaved. To be honest, I don't have the time to shave them every couple days - so once weekly at the most does fine. Obviously i shave if I'm going to be wearing anything other than trousers but otherwise I see no point. Razors are too pricey anyway to go through that many lol.

ReputationRep:
    I get annoyed with shaving. Also, washing, drying and then straightening my hair can be a ***** when I'm in a rush 'coz it seems to take forever, especially in winter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hattilongsoks)
    hate shaving!
    worst nightmare was going into custums to germany for my holiday and being told i couldn't have a little venus shaver head!!!
    what damange could i really do with it!?!?!
    i had images of me in shorts with hairy monster legs, im dark skinned and part italian so my hair on legs is very very dark
    Despite the myths, they do have razors in Germany too.

As far as getting fed up goes, it really depends on the day. Sometimes I enjoy doing the girlie stuff, masks, moisturising, doing nails etc. Most days however I get annoyed with the routine of having to cleanse, moisturise, fix hair and do make up. It's not really much fun at all, but I do it because it makes me feel better in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amy.dd)
    But don't you hate the feeling of your legs when they are hairy?
    My boyfriend doesn't mind whether I have hairy legs but I try to shave them once a week otherwise they just feel horrible, ergh.
    No, i don't notice it. My hairs have got alot softer over time because i moisturise every morning so i never feel stubble. I certainly don't envy those who shave every day, now THAT is something i'd get annoyed with!

ReputationRep:
    Shaving, plucking my eyebrows drive me mad and I'm constantly having to repaint my nails because they smudge or chip so easily!

ReputationRep:
    this is going to sound weird but the daily stuff like showers is a big deal for me. In fact getting out of bed to brush my teeth is a big deal at night time. I am that lazy :yep:

So my beauty regime does not go as far as yours do with the eyebrows and all that. I do have a wax once a month but I set time aside for it

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.