Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yes I do, otherwise it just looks messy.

ReputationRep:
    no its a waste of time, i only use correct grammar in something important, as in coursework,school work n stuff but everthing else is in txt. However pple on tsr always try and correct you because they are rare lol so sometimes i may or may nt use correct grammar on this, but i dnt c the point as its just a forum.

ReputationRep:
    I use textspeek to save me money and say more things in less space! For msn and facebook, I use correct grammar though.

ReputationRep:
    I miss out vowels sometimes if it makes sense i.e. dnt instead of dont and stuff like that

ReputationRep:
    I always used to, but I was corrupted by malign influences.

ReputationRep:
    I used to text almost with words that were hard to understand, but that was years ago. Now I text perfectly.

ReputationRep:
    I do, I can't text any other way. I don't know text talk at all so I'll spend ages trying to work out a quicker way of saying something and so it doesn't work for me. So I make really long texts with correct grammar :borat:

ReputationRep:
    I'm very glad to see that so many people here seem to use correct grammar in text messages. It warms the heart somewhat, and makes one think that the Daily Mail and co. are talking rot when they say that young people are ruining the country. (I'll admit I'm probably not being quite fair to the Mail they do put some of the blame on immigrants).

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i used to use all the slang short hand text, when sending a text. But because at work i have to write properly in emails etc, this rudes off into my texts etc.

I do sometimes use the odd, 'u' or 'l8r' occasionally

ReputationRep:
    Yes, i do.

ReputationRep:
    If they are short texts i do. For longer texts or if i'm trying to text quickly i often use things like 'u' '2' 'hav'.
    I have a friend who always writes really long texts in really short hand to fit it all in- it's almost impossible to tell what she means especially as she sometimes doesn't have spaces between every word too

ReputationRep:
    I use correct spelling all the time but if the message just about goes over 1 message, I'll take some of the punctuation out. I'd rather send 3 messages than spell something wrong though. :/

ReputationRep:
    I used to, at all times, until my predictive text function broke about a fortnight ago. Now I'm getting lazy.

ReputationRep:
    I use correct everything in my texts, especially as I have a qwerty keyboard. It just makes sense. Things like 'I' get capitalized automatically, I probably wouldn't bother otherwise.

If I just go over a bit then I will go back and get rid of anything unnecessary.

ReputationRep:
    I have unlimited texts on my contract, so I tend to write out words in full (I hate text speak.) I generally use proper grammar too, unless I'm rushing or being lazy.

ReputationRep:
    I find it quicker and easier to spell correctly and use proper grammar when writing text messages.

ReputationRep:
    I do to an extent, I always spell things correctly apart from the occasional use of 'u'. I also tend to miss out apostrophes, but I always capitalize and use commas/full stops.

ReputationRep:
    i find it really hard to not use the correct grammer etc in a text and i will refuse to use lol hehe

ReputationRep:
    Yes, because text language is a pain in the arse to read! Some people I know write in text language and I have to call them or talk to them on msn in order to know what the hell they've said. I try to make things easier for everyone else by writing in a way they can understand the first time.

ReputationRep:
    predictive text mostly means capitals are in the right place, and i use commas and full stops, question marks and spaces. So mostly correct grammar

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.