Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I do. The only time when I don't is when I need to squish it all in and change 'you' to 'u' etc

ReputationRep:
    I use correct grammar all the time. And spell things the proper way. I'm pretty sure it wastes more money, but I hardly use my phone anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Not because I'm a grammar fan, its just a habbit.

ReputationRep:
    i try to..but i usually type in slang and cut out the puncutations in a hurry!:P..
    thats the reason why i have started to use T9 language ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glassheart)
    Yep. Not because I'm a grammar fan, its just a habbit.

Oh, I give up.

ReputationRep:
    I do, except when I'm in a rush!

ReputationRep:
    In texts I don't capitalise but I respect grammar. If my text is slightly too long and running into two messages though, I do sometimes change "too" to 2 and "you" to "u" but they are the only ones!

It's so much easier to write properly than try and work out what on earth "hy bbz cuaofk K ily xxxx" means :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I use the bonafide Queens english....in terms of spelling. (predictive)

....whether my heap of words strung together in a single sentance is ever grammatically correct....that's an entirely different kettle of fish.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    I txt a lot like I type on here. Words like 'because' get changed into 'cos' and things like that, and I don't capitalise 'i' but my phone does it automatically at the beginning of sentences. I don't ALWAYS put in the apostrophe (and it's one of the first things I delete if I go over a txt by a little bit). I sometimes change 'you' to 'u' etc, and I don't often use commas, but that's about it. I used to always use txtspeak, then I saw the light lol

ReputationRep:
    To my very best ability :yep:
    Try to use capitals and punctuation, but sometimes apostrophes get left out.
    My friends often comment on it saying it sounds hostile, but it's really not, it's just their inability to communicate in normal English.

ReputationRep:
    I always use proper spelling, punctuation & grammar, even if it means sending more than one message. I don't even change 'you' or 'u' or anything... if I did I think my friends would have coronaries, I'm the grammar nazi amongst us.

ReputationRep:
    i use predictive text, but i dont include any apostrophies in words so like don't becomes dont, can't is cant, i'm is im, etc etc. so i just use correct grammar to the extent that my predictive text does, and obviously my spelling is correct.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.