Does Computer Science in Aston require a good ammount of mathematical knowledge? Watch

Sufyaaaaaaaan
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello everyone, I have always wanted to do Computer Science at uni and a lot of unis need A level Maths which I don't have, although unis like Aston don't require maths at A level all they need is a grade 4 in maths. But the thing is that how much maths is there in comp sci in Aston? And would it be hard for someone who didn't take maths at A level and is just really bad at maths in general? If anyone goes to Aston and does comp sci please let me know because I'm going through a crisis right now of what I want to do in the future.
Yesssir
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No the Maths is easy. The Java programming will make you want to cry
Sufyaaaaaaaan
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Yesssir)
No the Maths is easy. The Java programming will make you want to cry
I know I kinda replied late af but what maths stuff is in it just out of curiosity?
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would note CS is more than programming and a lot of those other areas are necessarily mathematical. If you struggle with or don't enjoy maths it's quite possible you will find a CS degree to be a similar experience.

Anyone can learn to program, and you don't need a mathematical background to do so - you could also do so while studying many other, non mathematical degree programmes. You may well even be able to take programming modules on another course, not taking the rest of the CS content but just the programming stuff.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (12)
7.02%
They've been reasonable (70)
40.94%
Not feeling great... (44)
25.73%
They are TERRIBLE! (45)
26.32%

Watched Threads