The Student Room Group

Addicted to eating crisps

Last month I made a post about being obsessed with eating McCoy's now I've came to the conclusion that I'm obsessed with eating all brands and flavoured crisps. I love crisp, and I buy and eat it everyday.
Currently have two tubes of sour cream pringles, one packet of sensations (6x), big bag of salt and vinegar kettle chips plus original flavour Doritos.

Is this normal? I know it's not healthy but I can't resist.

Scroll to see replies

You room must be full of crumbs practically everywhere!
Original post by Anonymous
Last month I made a post about being obsessed with eating McCoy's now I've came to the conclusion that I'm obsessed with eating all brands and flavoured crisps. I love crisp, and I buy and eat it everyday.
Currently have two tubes of sour cream pringles, one packet of sensations (6x), big bag of salt and vinegar kettle chips plus original flavour Doritos.

I’m similar - I do have my preferred brands so I’m not in love with every type of crisps out there. It depends how many packets you have a day. I would say 1 per day is fine. But if you’re eating like 5 different crisps a day then yeah it’s pretty unhealthy :P

I would discipline myself and treat myself in the evening after having all my meals and healthy snacks. So by the time it gets to 7/8pm I would be full on all the important foods that I wouldn’t have space for crisps. I work at a desk so I’m prone to eating a lot - include junk food. So I purposely don’t bring any into work and I cba to go for a walk to the shops to get some so I’m safe.

Also eventually youre gonna get sick of just eating crisps all the time. It happened to me after spending about 1 year on just eating loads of crisp packets a day. I got over it. Now I do like 1 every other day. And sometimes I go 3 days without crisps.
Wow that’s fattening asf lmaoo
Resist *****.

salt & vinegar, great flavour but not suited to the kettle chip, prefer it on the classic walkers.
I use to like crisps lol haven’t eaten them at all in years. if you can’t stop yourself from consuming it by simply not purchasing it then idk
Reply 6
I hate noisy food.

So how much do you weigh or what is your BMI. :colone:
Reply 7
Original post by JLevesley
Not normal. I’d contact your GP immediately I think you need sectioning you absolute psychopath

Oooh
Reply 8
Yeah I know. Lol
Reply 9
Original post by Ooh La La
You room must be full of crumbs practically everywhere!

Nope. I have a bin in my room so all my rubbish goes in the bedroom bin or the kitchen bin. Believe it or not, my room is very tidy and not a single food crumb is anywhere.
Original post by 21ForEva
I’m similar - I do have my preferred brands so I’m not in love with every type of crisps out there. It depends how many packets you have a day. I would say 1 per day is fine. But if you’re eating like 5 different crisps a day then yeah it’s pretty unhealthy :P

I would discipline myself and treat myself in the evening after having all my meals and healthy snacks. So by the time it gets to 7/8pm I would be full on all the important foods that I wouldn’t have space for crisps. I work at a desk so I’m prone to eating a lot - include junk food. So I purposely don’t bring any into work and I cba to go for a walk to the shops to get some so I’m safe.

Also eventually youre gonna get sick of just eating crisps all the time. It happened to me after spending about 1 year on just eating loads of crisp packets a day. I got over it. Now I do like 1 every other day. And sometimes I go 3 days without crisps.

I'm like the same. I don't just live on crisps, like I eat real/cooked meals and stuff. I just buy loads of snacks to eat when I've finished eating my main meals or when I do my work or watch TV. I also bring my crisps to eat during my break time at uni which I only consume one per day.
I switch it up as well, I don't just eat the same brands/flavoured crisps. I can also resist and binge eat other snacks like sweets and chocolates but it's not the same. Lol
Original post by OR321
Wow that’s fattening asf lmaoo
Resist *****.

Lol
Original post by mnot
salt & vinegar, great flavour but not suited to the kettle chip, prefer it on the classic walkers.

Salt and vinegar is one of my favs but I only love it when I eat McCoys and Pringles - I agree it's not suited to the kettle chips. But I love the ready salted and the black pepper corn kettle chips they're s good.
I've had the S&V kettle chips for some months now in my cupboard , that hasn't been unopened.
Explains why 😂
Original post by ساره
I use to like crisps lol haven’t eaten them at all in years. if you can’t stop yourself from consuming it by simply not purchasing it then idk

I can control myself from eating it, I just enjoy eating them lol
is crisps all you eat or do you eat normal food too?
Original post by adam271
I hate noisy food.

So how much do you weigh or what is your BMI. :colone:

I'm small in weight so my body mass index is probably at the healthy weight level whatever number that is. I'm guessing something around 15-20. I have an ideal body weight so I'm not obese or overweight. THANK GOD!!
Original post by unaManzana
is crisps all you eat or do you eat normal food too?

I eat normal food, I just eat crisps before and after meals.
I'm like the same. I don't just live on crisps, like I eat real/cooked meals and stuff. I just buy loads of snacks to eat when I've finished eating my main meals or when I do my work or watch TV. I also bring my crisps to eat during my break time at uni which I only consume one per day.
I switch it up as well, I don't just eat the same brands/flavoured crisps. I can also resist and binge eat other snacks like sweets and chocolates but it's not the same. Lol

Yeah I don’t see that there’s anything wrong with having crisps everyday. As long as you don’t feel sick and feel the side effects. For instance some crisps are fried and that jolts my stomach a lot so on days I know I’m not going out, I eat them without worrying cuz I’m at home with a toilet haha.

Yeah I’ve changed a bit where during my breaks it’s a yogurt or a handful of fruit / dried fruit. Because having crisps at work now actually makes me want to vom and it’s a good thing cuz I’m laying off. Nah don’t switch it up with chocs or sweets haha because yes it’s not the same, it’s still unhealthy and it just makes you depressed cuz it’s not crisps - try a banana or orange :smile:
Actually try nuts instead of crisps as a snack - it’s lovely and energising. Crisps just make you feel crap after.
Reply 18
I'm small in weight so my body mass index is probably at the healthy weight level whatever number that is. I'm guessing something around 15-20. I have an ideal body weight so I'm not obese or overweight. THANK GOD!!

Ever heard of the term 'skinny fat'? It means that while your weight is healthy, your diet or lack of exercise is doing your organs no favours and you could face health problems in future.

And think about how much money you are spending on something of no value that goes in your mouth and comes out the other end. The occasional snack, fine, but imagine what you could save up.
Oh wow. Now you are talking. My favourite without doubt are the Walkers Salt& Vinegar and Walkers Cheese and Onion flavours.
God knows how I'm still a size 10 lol.

Quick Reply

Latest