Oxford DPhil in Medical Sciences and Clinical Medicine Watch

C'est me
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi guys, anyone applying to either of these programmes or has been admitted to these programmes?

I'm really interested in an advertised cancer immunology project in each of these programmes. I've been encouraged by the student coordinators in each programme the to list three projects for each application as I'm applying for both the WIMM and NDM Studentships. I've already been in touch with the supervisor for my preferred advertised project from the DPhil in Medical Sciences programme but would I also need to contact the supervisors for the two other projects? Do I also need to get in touch with the supervisors for each of the three projects I'm listing for the DPhil in Clinical Medicine NDM Studentship?

Would I need to discuss my preferred project or all three in the interview for the DPhil in Medical Sciences or Clinical Medicine?

I'd appreciate any insight!
Last edited by C'est me; 2 months ago
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by C'est me)
Hi guys, anyone applying to either of these programmes or has been admitted to these programmes?

I'm really interested in an advertised cancer immunology project in each of these programmes. I've been encouraged by the student coordinators in each programme the to list three projects for each application as I'm applying for both the WIMM and NDM Studentships. I've already been in touch with the supervisor for my preferred advertised project from the DPhil in Medical Sciences programme but would I also need to contact the supervisors for the two other projects? Do I also need to get in touch with the supervisors for each of the three projects I'm listing for the DPhil in Clinical Medicine NDM Studentship?

Would I need to discuss my preferred project or all three in the interview for the DPhil in Medical Sciences or Clinical Medicine?

I'd appreciate any insight!
I think being in contact with the relevant people is only a good thing, and will only make you sound more knowledgeable in interviews.
C'est me
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I just received an email response from the departments encouraging me to contact all potential supervisors for my listed projects. I'm still unsure of how much detail I would need to go into the projects with each of them and the interview if mentioned. I was really banking on just having to talk about my top choice for each programme that I applied to but I'm unsure now.
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by C'est me)
I just received an email response from the departments encouraging me to contact all potential supervisors for my listed projects. I'm still unsure of how much detail I would need to go into the projects with each of them and the interview if mentioned. I was really banking on just having to talk about my top choice for each programme that I applied to but I'm unsure now.
Yeah I mean, that was never going to be the way to get the best chance.

Only apply for the ones you actually want to do though.If you want to do just one, you can apply for just one.
Hogthoughts
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey, I also applied, how did you find the interview! Nervously waiting for a response now...
Epid
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Did you mean the NDM interview? I applied for that programme, haven’t heard a squeak either
Hogthoughts
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ahh I see, I applied for the WIMM, had the interview 2 weeks ago now - not sure what gave me the impression they get back fast so I started getting worried about the delay, but if this is their normal timing then hopefully we shall hear back soon . How long ago was your interview?
Epid
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It was on the 29th. They said they’d reach a decision the week after, and I assumed that was when they’d be telling us. It’s now 2 weeks since the interview.
Hogthoughts
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Yep I was told the exact same thing so assumed that to be the case too. Time will tell, good luck!
Epid
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Last year offers were sent out within a week - not sure why it’s dragging on so long this year.
Hogthoughts
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Epid)
Last year offers were sent out within a week - not sure why it’s dragging on so long this year.
I heard back from the WIMM on Thursday and sadly didn't get a place - all the other applicants were amazing so I'm not entirely surprised haha. Wish you all the best! The waiting in anticipation is the potentially the worst part
Epid
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Sorry to hear that - hope you have some backup options!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (237)
66.2%
No (121)
33.8%

Watched Threads