The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RoseVet
This is probably why then! You’re lucky, I didn’t get a chance to do clinical experience because of lockdown :frown: having said that I’m lucky I got to still do farm placements!!
Best of luck to you then! Fingers crossed for you too!

Just uploaded my certificate just in case, although had farm and practice experience.It can't do any harm!😂
Original post by Euapp
Just uploaded my certificate just in case, although had farm and practice experience.It can't do any harm!😂

Ah nice! Good luck!!
Original post by Lucyyy17
Hi, I also had my Liverpool interview today! I think it went well, but it was over so quickly. I’m waiting to hear back from Bristol as well, I just want to find out now. Congrats on your Surrey offer!

Glad to hear you think it went well! At the end of the interview, I asked how long it would be before we hear anything, and he told me that it usually takes several weeks for them to process everything, so expect to hear after Christmas. However, he did say this year it might take a bit longer due to the mayhem caused by COVID-19, but he insisted that I don't fret if don't hear immediately after Christmas. So fingers crossed we both get a positive result (and everyone else, of course :smile:). So is Bristol your top choice too? Where else did you apply to? Thank you - I was so happy with my offer from Surrey :smile:
Original post by AndrewS96
Glad to hear you think it went well! At the end of the interview, I asked how long it would be before we hear anything, and he told me that it usually takes several weeks for them to process everything, so expect to hear after Christmas. However, he did say this year it might take a bit longer due to the mayhem caused by COVID-19, but he insisted that I don't fret if don't hear immediately after Christmas. So fingers crossed we both get a positive result (and everyone else, of course :smile:). So is Bristol your top choice too? Where else did you apply to? Thank you - I was so happy with my offer from Surrey :smile:

I’ve applied to Nottingham, Liverpool, Harper Keele and Bristol and I’d be happy to go to any of them. Where else have you applied? At the end of my interview I was told we might hear before Xmas but it could be after, let’s hope we find out before!

That's strange - I emailed Liverpool about when we can expect to hear back as I had my interview a while back and wanted to see if it would be like last year in the week before Christmas and they said they are aiming for the 18th of December, but it may be after Christmas depending on how quickly they may be able to process.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by E91zy
Well done on your offer !! I have my interview on the 14th of December. Glad to hear your Liverpool interview went well. Fingers crossed for the other two. The suspense is killing me too :/

Thank you! :smile: Good luck for your interview - is it for Liverpool or Surrey? I hope you interview goes well - I encourage you so much to find a really good method to help you relax before the interview! Nerves are such a killer, and they certainly impacted me! What's your top choice vet school?
Thank you! :smile: Good luck for your interview - is it for Liverpool or Surrey? I hope you interview goes well - I encourage you so much to find a really good method to help you relax before the interview! Nerves are such a killer, and they certainly impacted me! What's your top choice vet school?

It’s for Surrey. And my top vet school is Bristol. And thank you - luckily I’m having to revise for my mocks so that’s keeping me busy, it’s more the suspense as to whether the other 3 are going to offer me interviews or reject me 😂 where have you applied ?
I’ve got an interview offer for Cambridge!!!! At Girton college im absolutely thrilled I never imagined this in my wildest dreams. Anyone have any advice??
Original post by WannaBeVet321
I’ve got an interview offer for Cambridge!!!! At Girton college im absolutely thrilled I never imagined this in my wildest dreams. Anyone have any advice??

Well done !!
Did everyone who got an offer from Surrey receive it on Friday 20th??
has anyone else not heard from RVC?
Original post by _futurevet10

I think a few people havent heard yet but dont panic last year they released all their interview offers over a few days so im sure theres plenty of time for you to receive an interview offer :smile: x
I haven’t heard back from them yet, hoping maybe sometime this week. fingers crossed!
I haven’t heard back from the RVC yet either, the suspense is killing me!
Original post by laurenamy1600
I think a few people havent heard yet but dont panic last year they released all their interview offers over a few days so im sure theres plenty of time for you to receive an interview offer :smile: x

thank you x
Original post by WannaBeVet321

Be yourself and try and give answers that demonstrate your thought processes - like showing your working but out loud. That way if your final answer isn't quite right but you had some good ideas along the way then that will show. I can't tell you details but my daughter's interview at Clare last year actually asked a question that no one knows the answer to - they just wanted to hear her to discuss possibilities based on her understanding of the science. It was the interview she enjoyed, Liverpool she coped with and Nottingham she didn't like at all.
Original post by _futurevet10

I haven’t fingers crossed
Original post by Lucyyy17
I’ve applied to Nottingham, Liverpool, Harper Keele and Bristol and I’d be happy to go to any of them. Where else have you applied? At the end of my interview I was told we might hear before Xmas but it could be after, let’s hope we find out before!

Ah well fingers crossed we hear sooner rather than later! The waiting is horrible. I'm constantly checking my email lol. I applied to Surrey, RVC, Liverpool and Bristol. Bristol is my top choice, but tbh considering how competitive it is to get any vet school I will be happy anywhere :smile:
Original post by RambleAmple
That's strange - I emailed Liverpool about when we can expect to hear back as I had my interview a while back and wanted to see if it would be like last year in the week before Christmas and they said they are aiming for the 18th of December, but it may be after Christmas depending on how quickly they may be able to process.

Ah that really is strange! Well hopefully it is the 18th then - maybe the interviewer said that to me just in case they have any issues when they process everything. How do you think your Liverpool interview went? Is Liverpool your top choice?
Original post by E91zy
It’s for Surrey. And my top vet school is Bristol. And thank you - luckily I’m having to revise for my mocks so that’s keeping me busy, it’s more the suspense as to whether the other 3 are going to offer me interviews or reject me 😂 where have you applied ?

Ah well that's good you have a distraction atm, but definitely get a good nights sleep and have a good breakfast before the interview! Don't overload on caffeine like I did lol. I applied to Surrey, Liverpool, RVC and Bristol. Bristol is my top choice, too. But, I think I would be very grateful and happy at any of the vet schools :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending