The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Especially this one.
Reply 2681
hey Harry... life is gr8..what about you?
:yes:
Phantom Phoenix
Lots of fruit and veg, white meat and fibre. It's obscenely healthy. I hate it. :mad:

At least it seems to be working though :yes:

I aim for around 3000-3500 cals a day depending on how hungry I am, are you doing any cardio?
soso_426
lol ya its just a nickname my real name is sara but people and especially my friends call me soso:cool: ..why? does it sound weird?:biggrin:

That's very odd, my name's Sarah and people called me Saso when I was a kid:s-smilie:
Reply 2685
PP ..how r u?:smile: ..wats new guyz?
The Dr Rik Mayall (Officially Bigger Than Hitler and Better Than Christ) :love:
Reply 2687
dani_88
But how can you go into the exam knowing you're going to do well...

When you got 30 (out of 100) :ninja: last time.. and you thought you knew your stuff last time but evidently didn't... :rolleyes:

The pass mark is 40..but that's a scary number when you think in theory you need to be heading for near enough half marks just to pass the paper.. and there's 10 questions on 10 different topics.. i know the first topic.. the rest i just do not get AT ALL! :frown:

I've had to adopt that ideology really. Where is study, passing is anywhere b/w 70% and 75%, depending on the course, and each course has 4-6 components, some of them weight as little as 5% of the total course grade, but if you fail a single component, you can't get a pass in the course. I've had friends get a 91% in one course, but failed a part that was worth 10% (not hard when passing is 75%) and he not only lost the honors grade, but didn't even pass the course, ended up with a remedial and had to re-sit in the summer...so i HAVE TO ******** MYSELF :frown:
Reply 2688
nuttygirl
really? :puppyeyes:

nutty, it's okay, i was just saying :kiss2: :biggrin:
Harry_Plonker
I aim for around 3000-3500 cals a day depending on how hungry I am, are you doing any cardio?

I spend an increasing amount of time on a cross-trainer exercise bike (which I think is cardio, or so I'm told...) - it seems to be working okay on my arms and legs, though frankly I'm neglecting my stomach muscles. :no: Any advice?
Lithium
nutty, it's okay, i was just saying :kiss2: :biggrin:

:woo: :p: :kiss:
Lithium
I've had to adopt that ideology really. Where is study, passing is anywhere b/w 70% and 75%, depending on the course, and each course has 4-6 components, some of them weight as little as 5% of the total course grade, but if you fail a single component, you can't get a pass in the course. I've had friends get a 91% in one course, but failed a part that was worth 10% (not hard when passing is 75%) and he not only lost the honors grade, but didn't even pass the course, ended up with a remedial and had to re-sit in the summer...so i HAVE TO ******** MYSELF :frown:

And the ideology works?! Like every time?!

You just tell yourself you're going to pass and you will? :p:
soso_426
PP ..how r u?:smile: ..wats new guyz?

Great thank you :biggrin: Have you had a nice day?
Reply 2693
Phantom Phoenix
That's very odd, my name's Sarah and people called me Saso when I was a kid:s-smilie:

i guess that depends on the people that you'r surrounded by lol
Lithium
Hey, :puppyeyes:

:kissing2: :hugs: Feel better?
soso_426
i guess that depends on the people that you'r surrounded by lol

They were weirdos to a man; it's much more interesting :yes:
Phantom Phoenix
I spend an increasing amount of time on a cross-trainer exercise bike (which I think is cardio, or so I'm told...) - it seems to be working okay on my arms and legs, though frankly I'm neglecting my stomach muscles. :no: Any advice?

For the abdominal area, imo crunches are the best (with legs bent), sit ups also with legs bent. Alot of girls like doing waist twist's aswell, ive never tried them so I cant really comment. Are you on any particular amount of cals?
Reply 2697
Woo I just got paid :cool:
Reply 2698
dani_88
And the ideology works?! Like every time?!

You just tell yourself you're going to pass and you will? :p:

with a **** load of studying, reading, and nerding out. but i mean we've went into exams where we've had so much **** to know, that we really had to know we're going to do well, that we just would. you know what i mean? like the MCAT was that way, 3 years of sciences decide whether you make into med skool or not, you study for 2 months, and your life is decided in an 8 hour exam. kinda have to know it, or you're screwed :frown:
Harry_Plonker
For the abdominal area, imo crunches are the best (with legs bent), sit ups also with legs bent. Alot of girls like doing waist twist's aswell, ive never tried them so I cant really comment.

Thank you very much, I appreciate that. Everyone I know is naturally skinny and doesn't bother to exercise (and they eat ALL the time it seems!) so I have to derive advice from anywhere I can :p: Remind me to rep you tomorrow in case I forget :smile:

Latest