Turn on thread page Beta

Late Night Chat watch

• View Poll Results: Why are you still awake and what are you doing?
    Worried about something
    18.18%
    Insomniac
    20.98%
    Messed up sleep pattern
    47.55%
    Just the way I am
    31.47%
    Bored and dont feel like sleeping
    39.86%
    sleep? sleeping is a waste of time!
    12.59%
    I'm listening to music
    22.38%
    I'm pretty much just jumping from fourm to fourm looking for a thread to reply to
    32.52%
    Just surfing
    23.78%
    IMing
    18.53%
    "non of your business"
    6.99%
    Sitting on mu butt doing nothing
    18.88%
    Trying to fall asleep
    11.19%
    Considering suicide
    8.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuttygirl)
    he retired ages ago sarah :p:
    I've been out of touch for a long time :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phantom Phoenix)
    I've been out of touch for a long time :no:
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    :console:
    :dancing:

ReputationRep:
    I don't have that option, my boyfriend is an obsessive Man Utd fan :p: But when I'm done with uni we're hoping to move to a place with a small local team, would be nice to go to games on weekends :yes:
    Yeah, I watched my local side on a regular basis when I was young but they moved and don't really watch them any more.

I've only been to the one FC United match but hope to get to a lot more this season hopefully.

Grassroots football is so much better than the Premier League.

ReputationRep:
    :dancing:
    :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FCUtdWill)
    Yeah, I watched my local side on a regular basis when I was young but they moved and don't really watch them any more.

I've only been to the one FC United match but hope to get to a lot more this season hopefully.

Grassroots football is so much better than the Premier League.
    I'm hoping so, the Premier League is all a bit samey these days. I still follow Man Utd because I have since I was little, but I'd like to start supporting a small team too :yes: Unfortunately supporting teams where I live is a political decision that may or may not get you beaten up :woo:

ReputationRep:
    :yeah:
    :dance:

Have you done anything fun today? I dreamed that I sold a short story and when I woke up I was upset because I realised I haven't :cry:

ReputationRep:
    :dance:

Have you done anything fun today? I dreamed that I sold a short story and when I woke up I was upset because I realised I haven't :cry:
    Maybe it was a predidction? You could sell one soon :yes:
    but for now :console:

nope, went out then came home :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping so, the Premier League is all a bit samey these days. I still follow Man Utd because I have since I was little, but I'd like to start supporting a small team too :yes: Unfortunately supporting teams where I live is a political decision that may or may not get you beaten up :woo:
    I'm sure there's local teams where you live. Simple search on a search engine would get you some where I'm sure. There's plenty of leagues to choose and some may be near where you are.

Like the team in my signature, I only follow that team because they are in the lowest league in the whole league system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FCUtdWill)
    I'm sure there's local teams where you live. Simple search on a search engine would get you some where I'm sure. There's plenty of leagues to choose and some may be near where you are.

Like the team in my signature, I only follow that team because they are in the lowest league in the whole league system.
    I don't know much about them, actually - didn't FC Utd form because of a problem with the Glazer brothers? I think I heard something about them at the time, what happened exactly?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it was a predidction? You could sell one soon :yes:
    but for now :console:

nope, went out then came home :woo:
    Hehe, thank you :hugs: I hope it was a prediction, but probably it's just because it's been on my mind lately *sigh* I've just started sending stories off to magazines and they all take forever to reply. I'm not naturally patient and this is highly upsetting :no:

What did you do while you were out?

ReputationRep:
    :poke:

ReputationRep:
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Hey nutty, are you the Danny Wallace obsessive, perchance?

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, thank you :hugs: I hope it was a prediction, but probably it's just because it's been on my mind lately *sigh* I've just started sending stories off to magazines and they all take forever to reply. I'm not naturally patient and this is highly upsetting :no:

What did you do while you were out?
    Awesome, what type of stories are you writing? :woo:

not much, just chatting and that type of shiz :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by srwences)
    Hey nutty, are you the Danny Wallace obsessive, perchance?
    Not obsessive, but he's awesome :yes: Do you like him too? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    :woo:
    :love:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know much about them, actually - didn't FC Utd form because of a problem with the Glazer brothers? I think I heard something about them at the time, what happened exactly?
    FC United of Manchester were formed in May 2005 following the takeover by the Glazers in which they disapproved of and formed a club from it. Russell Delaney (who sadly died in Nov '05 - R.I.P) was a key role in getting the club into the league and the ground-share we currently have at Bury.

There were several other reasons like high ticket prices, the amount of games moved for television purposes but the Glazer takeover was one of the main reasons for the creation of FCUoM.

I was not a Manchester United fan before the takeover by the Glazers, never have been. I just agreed with what they wanted to achieve and I had got bored of watching the top four always winning the league and high ticket prices and games moved for television purposes.

In our fourth season now of existence, and have seen 3 consecutive promotions to get there, one league away from the Conference North. The journey hasn't finished yet and there's a lot more to follow.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome, what type of stories are you writing? :woo:

not much, just chatting and that type of shiz :p:
    Mostly horror, some fantasy...I don't think I'm good enough to publish anything, but I asked a few people to read over one or two for me and they were kind enough to encourage me, so I thought why not :yes: Optimism is the way forward! If any of them get accepted you'll probably hear me shrieking all the way down in Somerset :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Not obsessive, but he's awesome :yes: Do you like him too? :woo:
    He's great! I'd heard him on XFM before and didn't really get in to it.

Then my mum got me "Yes Man" a couple of months ago after seeing him on Jonafan Woss. I only started reading it because I was ill, but it was absolutely hilarious!

Since then I've got the new book and become addicted to the XFM show too.

Those books really are unequivocally good aren't they?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.