Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

I wanna know abt the safety of these places:
    Rusholme

Castle Irwel

Cheetham Hill

ReputationRep:
    Rusholme - close to Manchester University [about 4 or 5 miles from Salford, and a *very* awkward commute], so-so for safety... Have been muggings in the past, some break-ins..

Castle Irwell - Salford University accomodation, so logically much handier for uni. Completely enclosed student village so in terms of safety miles ahead of any private location.

Don't know Cheetham Hill well enough to comment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Rusholme - close to Manchester University [about 4 or 5 miles from Salford, and a *very* awkward commute], so-so for safety... Have been muggings in the past, some break-ins..

Castle Irwell - Salford University accomodation, so logically much handier for uni. Completely enclosed student village so in terms of safety miles ahead of any private location.

Don't know Cheetham Hill well enough to comment.
    Thank ya for the heads up

ReputationRep:
    Rusholme-very cosmopolitan and vibrant, bit dodgy as it's close to Moss Side.

Castle Irwell- I know it's in Salford but that's all I know.

Cheetham Hill- Is rough, not a good idea to be a student here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    Rusholme-very cosmopolitan and vibrant, bit dodgy as it's close to Moss Side.

Castle Irwell- I know it's in Salford but that's all I know.

Cheetham Hill- Is rough, not a good idea to be a student here.
    Thank u

ReputationRep:
    Cheetham Hill would be cheapish but its best to avoid if youre not familiar to the area. Safest bet would be to stay at Castle Irwell if you're in your first year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fondant Fancy)
    Cheetham Hill would be cheapish but its best to avoid if youre not familiar to the area. Safest bet would be to stay at Castle Irwell if you're in your first year.
    I'm a post grad intl student Searching home sitting 5000miles away frm UK.

ReputationRep:
    decided on Rusholme

ReputationRep:
    Heart of the Curry Mile, you'll probably enjoy it there

ReputationRep:
    Had any thoughts on how you're going to get to Salford every day? It's an awkward route...

ReputationRep:
    Had any thoughts on how you're going to get to Salford every day? It's an awkward route...
    Still sitting some 5000miles away frm Manchester. Got any idea? If u have pls do share Im staying with guys who studied my course in Salford last yr. They i guess went by bus by taking that 40 pound/month bus pass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fletchinator)
    Heart of the Curry Mile, you'll probably enjoy it there
    I'm all thrilled to check out curry mile. i have heard alot abt the place.

I'm a curry man myself I have 23kg extra baggage allowance allowed by British airways & i guess most of that would be utilized by masalas. I ll make spicy curry myself

ReputationRep:
    the £42 28 day bus pass is your best bet mate. From where you are get on to the main road (wilmslow road) and get on any of the busses, they all go into town. When you get to picadilly gardens go to stop P and get on either the x34, 8, 37 or 36 (plus a few others) and they all go to salford uni

ReputationRep:
    Give yourself at least 45 minutes to get this done though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fletchinator)
    the £42 28 day bus pass is your best bet mate. From where you are get on to the main road (wilmslow road) and get on any of the busses, they all go into town. When you get to picadilly gardens go to stop P and get on either the x34, 8, 37 or 36 (plus a few others) and they all go to salford uni
    Thank you that was very clear. I have it saved as a text file. Yeah the bus pass sounds like the best option.

Give yourself at least 45 minutes to get this done though.
    Yeah I was told it can take anything between 45mins to 1hr to travel. Thank you.

University open days

• University of Salford
    If you didn’t manage to attend our main Open Days and are interested in starting your studies in September 2019, book your place on our our mini Open Day. You'll get the chance to chat with our tutors, take a campus tour and see our accommodation. Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.