Turn on thread page Beta

Don't normally get ill but had a terrible headache for the third day now.. On the first I was ill and in bed all day, was better yesterday, and even better today, but the headache is still there!

Any tips on anything I can do to make it go away straight away?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Most people will just say "Paracetemol", but I find that Ibuprofen is thee best thing ever for headaches. If you've never tried it, DO IT.

Other than that I can only suggest pressure points, like pushing down on your cheek bones or on the part inbetween your eyes.

*shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    If you have a headache on waking for several days you should see your GP but..... I have found the following causes headaches
    1. If you have been drinking a lot of coffee and then stop
    2. Not drinking enough water - dehydration

It's been a bit muggy lately so you could be losing fluids so drink plenty and take paracetamol or ibrofen. If you were ill when first came on could be migraine (can come on any time even if you haven't suffered before) so something like migraleve may help. Did you feel sick/light hurt your eyes/visual disturbances? If so, worth seeing your doctor as they can give you a tablet which you take if it happens again as migraines can be delibitating. Hope this helps.

Thanks to both of you. Probably haven't been drinking enough water, so will star that, and take an ibuprofen later!

Weird think is when I open my eyes wide, there is like an aching pain

ReputationRep:
    You could also try relaxing, as well as drinking more water. Headaches are often caused by muscle tension, so lying down still can sometimes help; I know it helps me. I've also been getting monstrous headaches recently due to hayfever, and have had them in the past due to staring at the computer screen too much (God, I hate it when my mum turns out to have been right about things :p:).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks to both of you. Probably haven't been drinking enough water, so will star that, and take an ibuprofen later!

Weird think is when I open my eyes wide, there is like an aching pain
    Ooh, does it hurt when you look to the left or right? Like when you stretch your sight to the left/right (i.e. look as far left/right as you can)? I had that once, it went in time.

Surprisingly for a guy that's not slept in a day, I'm pretty on-form this morning.. :yep:

I have been on the computer a lot more with it being summer holidays I guess.. but I'd hate that to be the reason for the same reason as you.. My Mum!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have been on the computer a lot more with it being summer holidays I guess.. but I'd hate that to be the reason for the same reason as you.. My Mum!
    Just give up, they're never wrong.:no:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.