Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19 and i think its time for a bit of a change.
    I really love long sweeping fringes that go over the side of your face but im worried that it won't suit me and i havnt had a fringe since i was9 and it looked awful. I'm quite a fan of the emo look, but i don't want it quite like that.
    I want a fringe that is long enough so i can pin it to the side for work. I have kinda thickish hair so im also worried about that.
    I have chocolate brown hair thats just up to my shoulders and an oval shaped face.
    Could anyone give me any advice? or have any website links to pics of fringes that may fit what im looking for.
    Thanks for your help guys xxx

ReputationRep:
    It depends on your face shape as to what would suit you, and as you have an oval face you can probably get away with most hairdos. If your hair is thick you could get the fringe thinned out a bit in layers or something?

ReputationRep:
    I usually have length taken out of the rest of the hair, so i guess i could ask them to do the same with the fringe. Im prob guna find a few pics to take with me to give them an idea of what im looking for

ReputationRep:
    try it by pulling a piece of hair across your face in a side fringe style and see what you think

ReputationRep:
    I had mine cut recently, and I love it! I wish I'd had it done ages ago. If you don't want an 'emo fringe', just make sure the stylist doesn't cut it too heavy.

ReputationRep:
    I had my hair cut like this last week.

At first I absolutely hated it, really hated it. But now, I quiet like it.

I suppose mine is more of a side fringe but it does sweep over.

For months I had been thinking o fhaving one, but like you was a little scared of doing so as I had nt had a fringe since I was about 6!

My hair is really thick and it seems to work. Although I do straightnen it!!

Why not go to your hairdreser and ask what they think? They will be in a better possition to say that us.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I often wear a portion of my hair clipped to the side like a sweeping fringe and i think it looks good, and ive had compliments from people. I guess just have to be careful how thick i have it cut because in the winter my hair has a tendancy to frizz up

ReputationRep:
    Then ask for a thin one, it doesn't have to be thick...mine isn't and then if you decide you don't like it then it's easier to grow out

ReputationRep:
    Oooo, im in the same position as you are. I really want some sort a sweeping fringe as my hair just looks boring, but i haven't a clue what to ask for, or even what i want really!
    Also my hair is thick too and i have a small(ish) forehead so i'm not sure it'll look right.

I think that you should just go to the hairdressers and ask them what they think would suit your face shape and hair etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princess_123)
    Oooo, im in the same position as you are. I really want some sort a sweeping fringe as my hair just looks boring, but i haven't a clue what to ask for, or even what i want really!
    Also my hair is thick too and i have a small(ish) forehead so i'm not sure it'll look right.

I think that you should just go to the hairdressers and ask them what they think would suit your face shape and hair etc.
    I have a tinyyy forehead! Like SO so small. And thick hair, but I was given one about 5 years ago and I've not had it taken out since. In fact it's the only type of fringe they will give me, even when I had boy short hair they were like "Ooo I lovethis sweepy fringe" and kept it in even though I wanted it hacked off. Hairdresser knows best I guess, but I thinkit's a fringe that suits most people to be honest, it's easy to grow out cos it's pretty long anyway and it's easy to pin back as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kookoo_koochoo)
    I have a tinyyy forehead! Like SO so small.
    Me too! I measured mine (lol) and it was like literally 3cm!

Wait... thats sounds wrong.

But yeah, so I'm not too sure it'd suit me really.

ReputationRep:
    I i have a sweeping fringe..sort of, when my hair is behaving anyway

problem is naturally i have a middle parting, so i have too 'train' my hair too flip too the side, i wouldn't reccomend it really..i just end up with pushing my hair back as it plays up

ReputationRep:
    Just be careful when you're sitting about in the sun, you don't want to end up with sunburn on only half of your face like I did a couple of weeks ago... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    haha thats quite funny....well obviously not to you coz it probably hurt!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_spanner89)
    I i have a sweeping fringe..sort of, when my hair is behaving anyway

problem is naturally i have a middle parting, so i have too 'train' my hair too flip too the side, i wouldn't reccomend it really..i just end up with pushing my hair back as it plays up
    I had always had a middle parting, but when I changed to a side one it worked quite easily. Maybe my hair is not naturally parted?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.