The Student Room Group

lying about gcse grades on ucas?

so i took my igcses independently and not in the uk. i got some bad grades like g's , f's and u's, for sciences tho. and i'm applying for a journalism course. can i lie about these grades? or is it better not to? will unis care about these bad gcse grades? bearing in mind i got a c in maths, a in english lang and b in english lit, and a d in history.
Original post by fairypixie
so i took my igcses independently and not in the uk. i got some bad grades like g's , f's and u's, for sciences tho. and i'm applying for a journalism course. can i lie about these grades? or is it better not to? will unis care about these bad gcse grades? bearing in mind i got a c in maths, a in english lang and b in english lit, and a d in history.

Do not lie on UCAS, they are not stupid and will find out. What are the entry requirements? Do you pass them?
Reply 2
Original post by Hazelly
Do not lie on UCAS, they are not stupid and will find out. What are the entry requirements? Do you pass them?

yeah u have to have maths at a c grade and english at a c grade. i'm just worried it will make my application look bad
Don’t even think about it. It’s fraud and you’ll be caught.

As long as you meet the minimum entry requirements they won’t care about bad grades elsewhere. There’s nothing else you can do other than work to get your main entrance qualifications up to speed (A Level or whatever)
It will make your application even worse if you lie. Meaning you will not be added onto the course.

It is unwise to lie.
They will most likely ask to verify your GCSEs in any case. As above, they won’t care about non-essential subjects but they definitely WILL care if you are found to be lying on your application. It’s a pointless and unnecessary risk.

Presumably your aspiration is to work for the Sun or Daily Mail?
Reply 8
Original post by ageshallnot
Presumably your aspiration is to work for the Sun or Daily Mail?

nope. tv or radio journalist.
Do not lie. They will find out, and you won’t be a fairypixie anymore. Just a gremlingoblin. Swindling your way through UCAS and trying to have a nicer application compared to other candidates who’ve actually put down their truth is revolting. Will it be truly fair that you got a place out of lies than another of truth?

Think about what you’re doing to others; cheating is not the way.

If you’re really worried about your grades, do a resit.
nope. tv or radio journalist.

We'll, if you get into a habit of lying let's hope that a reputable broadcaster doesn't employ you.
What does it list as the minimum GCSE requirements? That’s all they will care about. Don’t lie because it’ll come back to bite you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending