Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ****ing foul just about sums up my thoughts.

ReputationRep:
    i'm going to do a longer post now i have time
    i think it was all the mothers dream, even the model agent said that it was the mother who answered she could never get to Sachas personality. Especially when she said that she went into the modelling buisness when she was past it but her daughter is at the right time. I really felt sorry for her when they got her to dance publicly it was obvious she didn't want to do it, but instead they were just downright nasty. Then there were the dresses in texas, the daughter was excited about it who wouldn't be but you could see that she wasn't really having fun. I wanted to give Sacha a big hug because i think she has been deluded by her mother who imo has made her believe that you are only worth by what you look like and a hansome prince will only go for beautyful girls. Her idols shocked me also, Jordon:eek: and all the playboy stuff, the girls who i know that want to be models idolise Agnes Dean.

ReputationRep:
    i was watching it thinking this is disgusting. i then switched over to sky3 briefly - a program about 2 young boys with Morquio's syndrome, neither could walk. it was such a contrast, the way sasha's parents behaved compared to the ill boy's parents. that was sickening.

also, at one point the mother said about her son 'he's in a strange country.' i thought that was hilarious, as it was true on so many layers - i.e. holding beauty pageants, farming little girls. lolita much?

on a practical note, that girl could never be a model cause of her teeth. and i'm sure she'd never get visible braces.

to take a completely different stance, if the mother was pushing for academic success, hard work, brains and intelligence but the child didn't want it (analogous to the situation) why is that not seen as bad? surely it's the same principle of forcing what the parent's wanted themselves on their kids. and i mean, EVERY family does that. if you support/play a sport, it's probably cause you're parents wanted you to. if you play an instrument from a young age, again, parents. and it's not always a bad thing.

the program makers were just as immoral as the parents. they have now made the family a target. hopefully they will have opened the parents eyes. i couldn't believe how narrow minded they were reading the newspaper article about them. instead of swearing at the columnist, maybe they should have looked at themselves.

finally, i'd love it if they followed her up in a few years and she'd seen the error of her ways, got really geeky/bookish, was intelligent and aiming to study something really academic at uni instead of making sexualised teens into an object. im not saying that academics is 'right', it's just the polar opposite to her now.

ReputationRep:
    I did not watch this on purpose. I knew it would piss me off.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's cruel. They're teaching their daaughter that the only thing that's important is her looks. And, to be harsh, she isn't pretty enough to be able to coat along on her looks all her life like some people can. She's a pretty little girl, but they really should be encouraging her to have a brain and to be a good person, not that putting on some make up means everyone will do what you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theredwindmill)
    Her idols shocked me also, Jordon:eek: and all the playboy stuff, the girls who i know that want to be models idolise Agnes Dean.
    I really don't get why everyone's shocked she idolises Jordan. I really doubt she idolises Jordan because she gets her top off for papers. Most likely she idolises Jordan for the same reasons the girls you know idolise Agyness Deyn: she is successful, pretty, comes across as quite likebale in interviews and famous.

If you're going to be shocked at her idols, be shocked that she idolises models who strut down a catwalk full stop, don't be shocked she idolises specific ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joanna May)
    I really don't get why everyone's shocked she idolises Jordan. I really doubt she idolises Jordan because she gets her top off for papers. Most likely she idolises Jordan for the same reasons the girls you know idolise Agyness Deyn: she is successful, pretty, comes across as quite likebale in interviews and famous.

If you're going to be shocked at her idols, be shocked that she idolises models who strut down a catwalk full stop, don't be shocked she idolises specific ones.
    I think i was shocked at the fact that she idolises people who are into the glamour industry, i personally don't idolise models courture or glamour. When people say Jordon i automatically see the pg 3 person, i know that is wrong but its how she became famous. But that is a really good point and i agree with your first post too

ReputationRep:
    shes ugly as **** anyway.

ReputationRep:
    The thing I couldn't believe about this was she was openly and honestly saying 'I'm stupid. My dad says I'm stupid so I am'. What kind of parent tells their child they are stupid?! :mad:

That poor child will grow up thinking all she has is good for is eye candy so she won't have a choice with what she does with her life. She'll live the life her mother wanted instead. Her mother is a disgrace and her father wasn't much better. It was all for their own selfish needs and it made me sick.

Fair enough if the kids enjoy having a little make over and wearing some pretty clothes and a tiara occasionally but that was just revolting.

Honestly, who peroxides an 11 year old :no:

ReputationRep:
    That's disturbing, she looks so much older than 11 with so much makeup on. I feel sorry for her.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, adding to what i said, i can totally see this kid in therapy in the future

ReputationRep:
    ohh her mum is AWFUL

:/

edit: oh dear, the calander..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cillitbang)
    yeah, adding to what i said, i can totally see this kid in therapy in the future
    Me too.
    Her whole world and everything she's been pushed to do in life will crash around her when she's failed at making it big time.
    It's a horrible position to put such a young and mentally immature person in.

Also did anyone notice how much beer that mum drank? LOADS!

ReputationRep:
    That ***** of a momma should have been sterilized...

ReputationRep:
    she was a pretty girl but it looked like the mum was acting out her own dreams through the child

ReputationRep:
    i'm still watching it.. there's this bit where she went 'if you don't get accepted by this one you're grounded' - bit harsh? :/

It would all be alright if it truely was the girl's dream, and maybe now she thinks it is but you can tell she isn't really into it

ReputationRep:
    Her mum needs a slap. Shes clearly living through her daughter and its pathetic. When GMTV called her and she was like "They called ME first, they want ME, I could turn this down if I wanted to and theyd have to find someone else, its all up to ME". **** off you deluded old slapper

And why do they bleach the girl's hair? It looks awful and will be ruined by the time shes 20

ReputationRep:
    yeah the Mum was awful, when they went to the modelling agency and she was like "you'd better ****ing do well Sasha i'm warning you" and that whole "any publicity is good publicity thing. She's deluded.
    Did anyone else notice that the children weren't wearing seatbelts in the car?

ReputationRep:
    I just watched that on Iplayer.. how horrible, I'd love to see what Sasha looked like naturally as I bet she'd look a lot prettier..
    Did anyone else think that the Mum really reminded them of Jade Goody in looks and voice etc? lol but seriously, she was obviously living through her daughter and you could tell the girl didn't really want to do it.. The sad thing is that she will probably have to suffer her mum's wrath if she doesn't actually become a model..
    She had clearly been brainwashed. when she described herself as 'dumb blonde'...

ReputationRep:
    cant believe the mother made her dance in the chinese restaurant!! felt so sorry for the girl.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.