ananyabhatt
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hey everyone,

I have looked, or rather scoured through every possible chat room discussion talking about imperial applications for 2020 and not have I once found someone who is applying for biochemistry.

In my IGCSEs i got 2A*s 4As and 1B
I received a predicted IB grade of 38/45 with a 7,6,6 in my HLs (Chemistry, Biology, and English A L&L respectively).

I made my UCAS application on the 1st of October 2019 and have so far heard back from:
Oxford-- rejected
St. Andrews-- accepted (conditional)
Birmingham-- accepted (conditional)

I have had no news from Imperial or UCL...

Imperial is my main goal, if anyone knows aanything of when they should get back to me, how my application looks, or is in a similar situation to me please let me know.
beautiful_tae
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Heyy,

I just got an offer from Imperial for Biochemistry. My offer requirements from them are A*AA. A* must be in either Bio or chem. I think you will hear back from Imperial soon since I just got my offer from them.

For your information, I applied on the 9th of October. I got rejected by Oxford too hahahaha but got all 4 other conditional offers.
ananyabhatt
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by beautiful_tae)
Heyy,

I just got an offer from Imperial for Biochemistry. My offer requirements from them are A*AA. A* must be in either Bio or chem. I think you will hear back from Imperial soon since I just got my offer from them.

For your information, I applied on the 9th of October. I got rejected by Oxford too hahahaha but got all 4 other conditional offers.
Thanks and Congratulations!! what other unis did you apply to?
beautiful_tae
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I got offers from Imperial, bristol, warwick and leicester. Got rejected from oxford

Thank you and wish you the best of luck in your application tooo
Imperial College London
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by ananyabhatt)
Hey everyone,

I have looked, or rather scoured through every possible chat room discussion talking about imperial applications for 2020 and not have I once found someone who is applying for biochemistry.

I received a predicted IB grade of 38/45 with a 7,6,6 in my HLs (Chemistry, Biology, and English A L&L respectively).

I made my UCAS application on the 1st of October 2019 and have so far heard back from:
Oxford-- rejected

Imperial is my main goal, if anyone knows aanything of when they should get back to me, how my application looks, or is in a similar situation to me please let me know.
Hi there!

My name is Laura and I work in the Student Recruitment and Outreach team.

The UCAS deadline for applications is 15th January so decisions can still be made after that date.

Thank you for your application and best of luck!

Laura
Sumi Shanks
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hey everyone,

Oxford-- rejected

I have also applied for biochem at imperial and have not yet heard back
adampinsler
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hey everyone,

Oxford-- rejected

Hey! I am in a similar situation to you, applying to Imperial for biochemistry (and hoping for it to be my firm). However, I applied on the 4th of December so I can't be complaining .
Anonymous #1
Report 10 months ago
Hi I still haven’t heard back from imperial yet either but my friend has and the offer is A*AA even though on the website it says AAA
Dinpat23
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi,I’m 2021 student.So, Do I need to have Biology in my 3 subjects in A-level for Biochemistry as I’m taking 4 subjects at this moment?
And between (biology Math chemistry) and (Chemistry Math physics), which one is better for apply UCAS in major universities in UK?
Please reply me Thank you so much.
Last edited by Dinpat23; 10 months ago
Anonymous #1
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Dinpat23)
Hi,I’m 2021 student.So, Do I need to have Biology in my 3 subjects in A-level for Biochemistry as I’m taking 4 subjects at this moment?
And between (biology Math chemistry) and (Chemistry Math physics), which one is better for apply UCAS in major universities in UK?
If you want to do biochem it’s a good idea to have bio and chemistry. I would say that biology is fairly important for biochem because in the first year of biochem you do Chemistry but from then on it’s a main focus on biological systems. I would say that physics doesn’t really relate biochem but there is an interesting thing called biophysics which you could look into if that interests you. Hope that helped
Anonymous #1
Report 10 months ago
I started the same as you with physics chem bio and maths but I decided to drop physics maths is quite essential for most things so I would keep maths
Dinpat23
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I started the same as you with physics chem bio and maths but I decided to drop physics maths is quite essential for most things so I would keep maths
Is it risk if I drop biology because of great score of chemistry physics and math?
Anonymous #1
Report 10 months ago
Is it risk if I drop biology because of great score of chemistry physics and math?
Yeah I get what u mean cuz you want 3A*s rather than getting a B in biology but I would say that biology is an easier a level than maths physics and chem so if you are getting good in physics and chem you will defo do so well in biology - but the main thing I would say is that look on university websites because they will have entry requirements - on the whole biochemistry defo requires chem but some do ask for biology so I would keep biology. Unless you want to pursue a career in engineering physics is essential. It is hard to decide and quite pressuring but you can always carry on with 4 and decide later. Have a look at the university websites and you can always email them for more information.
beautiful_tae
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi I still haven’t heard back from imperial yet either but my friend has and the offer is A*AA even though on the website it says AAA
Same Im in a same situation as your friend. I got an conditional offer from imperial and the offer requires me to get A*AA.
Anonymous #1
Report 10 months ago
Same Im in a same situation as your friend. I got an conditional offer from imperial and the offer requires me to get A*AA.
Cool, yeah it’s weird because on the website it said AAA but I guess imperial is quite competitive so they want people do get A*s
when did u hear back?
beautiful_tae
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Cool, yeah it’s weird because on the website it said AAA but I guess imperial is quite competitive so they want people do get A*s
when did u hear back?
I heard back before Christmas. If not mistaken, it was 17th december. Are you applying to biochemistry as well? What uni have you applied and which one have you heard back from?
Anonymous #1
Report 10 months ago
I heard back before Christmas. If not mistaken, it was 17th december. Are you applying to biochemistry as well? What uni have you applied and which one have you heard back from?
Well done! I applied Cambridge Warwick York Nottingham and imperial - I’ve only heard back from Nottingham and York and I got rejected from Cambridge - Wbu? 😝
beautiful_tae
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Well done! I applied Cambridge Warwick York Nottingham and imperial - I’ve only heard back from Nottingham and York and I got rejected from Cambridge - Wbu? 😝
Congratz on getting offers from Nottingham and York! Dont worry, I got rejected from Oxford uni hahahaa. I applied to Oxford, Imperial, Bristol, Warwick and Leicester. I heard back from Imperial, Bristol, Warwick and Leicester, rejected from oxford.
Sumi Shanks
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Congratz on getting offers from Nottingham and York! Dont worry, I got rejected from Oxford uni hahahaa. I applied to Oxford, Imperial, Bristol, Warwick and Leicester. I heard back from Imperial, Bristol, Warwick and Leicester, rejected from oxford.
Hey! Congrats on imperial. I have also applied but haven’t heard back yet :/. When did you get your offer and are you a UK citizen?
Anonymous #1
Report 10 months ago
thanks! Congrats to you too- oxbridge is too hard lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (711)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (895)
42.74%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (395)
18.86%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.44%

Watched Threads