Parents disappointed in my mock grades :(

Watch this thread
hydrateH2O
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(T means Target)

Art: T=7, Mock=7
Biology: T=8, Mock=8
Chemistry: T=8, Mock=6
English Language: T=7, Mock=7
English Literature: T=7, Mock=7
Geography: T=8, Mock=7
History: T=8, Mock=3 (yikes)
Maths: T=7, Mock=4
Physics: T=7, Mock=5
RE: T=7, Mock=8
Spanish: T=7, Mock=4

I struggle most with physics, maths and Spanish so I kind of expected those grades, chemistry I was only 3 marks off a 7, but history was an absolute flop... my time management was awful and I waffled instead of actually answering the question

My parents say I didn’t take these mocks as seriously as I should have, and they are actually really disappointed. I have a tendency to revise the subjects I enjoy the most, and I think that shows in my results. They said I failed overall, and I am kinda disappointed tbh, mainly due to personal standards and I’m aiming for nothing below a 7 in the real thing. Wanting to take English Literature, History and Politics for A Levels. Do you think I have a chance to improve my grades or do I need to reconsider my options?
alewhi04
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Don’t be disheartened by your results! I think you’ve done very well. The subjects that you didn’t do so well in can definitely be improved if you put in enough hard work. I would suggest doing past papers for the ones you struggle in or use online revision such as ‘Seneca Online’ (which really helps me).

I believe that if you work hard you can certainly improve your grades! For example in my end of year 10 history mock, I got a 4 (I did the same as you, waffled on a bit and so lost the focus of the questions) and so I reflected on that and worked hard with my revision and got a 7 in my year 11 mock.

Don’t let this put you off subjects! Just remember that hard work actually will pay off in the end as long as you stay positive.

You’ve got this!
username4878650
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
mocks dont matter, and anything can happen in the real ones
my friend got a 3 in her english lit mock and a 9 in her real exam, so dont give up with history if its what youre passionate about
hydrateH2O
Rep:
(Original post by casabonita)
mocks dont matter, and anything can happen in the real ones
my friend got a 3 in her english lit mock and a 9 in her real exam, so dont give up with history if its what youre passionate about
Lol 3 months later and seems like mocks matter because there’s no real thing
username4878650
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hydrateH2O)
Lol 3 months later and seems like mocks matter because there’s no real thing
eek im so sorry, couldn't have predicted this how are u feeling about the grading system?
Heliborus
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Read the guidance - mocks are only part of the information to be relied upon in assessing grades. Each "block" of grades is then assigned a ranking of all students within that block. The results for this year are compared to the school history of results. After that the whole lot is subject to an algorithm where students at the top/bottom of each grade band could go up/down - looking at national stats. Even after all that you can appeal/ or actually sit the exam. Do not stress about mock results.
hydrateH2O
Rep:
(Original post by casabonita)
eek im so sorry, couldn't have predicted this how are u feeling about the grading system?
I feel like my teachers will predict me lower grades in some subjects than what I could have actually achieved if I were to sit the real exam. But I’ll just have to continue revising to resit them I guess
Heliborus
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
It won't be a resit remember. Update from above advice little prospects of appeal rights..so where you think your assigned grade won't be great prepare to sit the exam in the Autumn.
neNash771W
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
It's only a mock tho
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads