am i being unreasonable?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
i would like to start by saying i've been a complete emotional wreck recently, just lots of things happening at once, and it has all been a bit too much. Basically, my boyfriend and i had planned a holiday for this week months ago, but because all of the **** going on in my life atm, i couldn't go in the end, so i suggested that he should go with some friends instead. i was really upset, but told him not to worry, and to just have a good time...and please keep in touch! well, he hasn't. i understand that he's on holiday and everything, but i would really appreciate a short phone call or to be sent a photo every now and then so that i can feel a bit included on a holiday that was also meant to be mine. i asked him why he hasn't called me, and he said 'why can't we be apart for a few days without the obligation to talk all the time'. honestly i have no idea who is in the wrong in this situation. is he being a little selfish and not understanding that i am really lonely and going though a lot, or am i being annoying and needy?
any advice would be so, so appreciated. thanks xx
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
from his pov, he might be seeing u as a bit needy, but i wouldnt say you're being unreasonable - i'd be similar. he probably is quite busy, but you're right, it would be nice for him to text/call at least once a day! you're not in the wrong, it just seems like he's being a bit inconsiderate, but he might just be distracted because he's on holiday. not a great excuse, but try to see some of your friends, or hang out with family, or do something you like to take your mind off him for now can talk about it properly when he gets back
xxravenshadexx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Nah you ain't too annoying and needy.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
from his pov, he might be seeing u as a bit needy, but i wouldnt say you're being unreasonable - i'd be similar. he probably is quite busy, but you're right, it would be nice for him to text/call at least once a day! you're not in the wrong, it just seems like he's being a bit inconsiderate, but he might just be distracted because he's on holiday. not a great excuse, but try to see some of your friends, or hang out with family, or do something you like to take your mind off him for now can talk about it properly when he gets back
thanks. not much i can do about friends though as everyone is home for Christmas, and i don't really have much of a family to be with either
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (258)
33.81%
No (505)
66.19%

Watched Threads