Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Most beggars in London I ignore, mainly because I don't believe that they're actually homeless. I once saw two women in the toilets swapping clothes (one was dressed like a hobo and the other wasn't) and the 'begar' then gave her baby to the women and they started chatting about how it was her turn!

Though there's a guy who 'lives' in the carpark around my local sainsbury's and he genuinely is homeless so I always buy the big issue from him and give him some sort of food

ReputationRep:
    I usually give particularly sad and dejected looking people some of my change, I did today, as it happens!

When I used to work in a fish and chip shop, they would give away any food that was left to anyone that wanted it, the staff, and a few beggars. They used to eat quite well

ReputationRep:
    I would give them money if they are acting in some way, i.e. playing music

ReputationRep:
    As a child I used to be 'scared' of them-as I got older I was 'interested' and because I haven't come across one lately Im not sure if I would give them money-Id like to think I woul but you never know what some would say or do or even if they want it-I can't imagine myself throwing some money on a beggar unless they have a sign or something that makes you know the are actually 'begging'.

ReputationRep:
    I usually ignore them but once there was a man who looked about 80 and was really shivering...so I went to the local cafe and bought him a cup of tea.

I never give them money though - I don't like to fund the drug community.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the place and the way they act.

When I'm back home, where the homeless -> drug thing is non-existent I tend to give more to people.

But in London I don't usually give them anything, I think the ones playing music don't really need the money to be honest. I despise the ones in Edgware road as they mainly target people of middle eastern origin in the name of religion.

ReputationRep:
    Beggars cant be choosers!

ReputationRep:
    the people that say they buy them food. how do you do it?

do you take them with you to the local macdonalds (or some place similar)? do you bring the food to them?

what do you do?

i think buying them food is a good idea though. you're not feeding any drug/alcohol habits (if they have any).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unikq)
    busking =/= begging!!! :mad:
    sorry got them mixed up hope i didnt cause offence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dunnoaUSERname)
    the people that say they buy them food. how do you do it?

do you take them with you to the local macdonalds (or some place similar)? do you bring the food to them?

what do you do?

i think buying them food is a good idea though. you're not feeding any drug/alcohol habits (if they have any).
    If I'm eating a McDonalds, I'll give them the chips and eat the burger only.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rapha)
    If I'm eating a McDonalds, I'll give them the chips and eat the burger only.
    do they sit with you at the table too?

ReputationRep:
    if im pissed and i get outta a club ill throw them the rest of the packet of ****

and ive given tramps cans of beer before cause i couldnt take them in to a concert in london

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dunnoaUSERname)
    do they sit with you at the table too?
    Well, the only time it happened was when I was on a train and then one came asking for money or food and I just gave him my portion of chips.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LOLLYPOPS)
    I Dunno You Feel Sorry For Them,i Mean There Annul Income Is 50p Per Hour.
    Trinny And Susanna Should Do I What Not To Wear On One Lucky Begger And Get Them A Whole New Wardrobe.

Im Writing In Caps To Try And Get My Account Deleted.i Think If You Get 30 Its Deleted.wish Me Look.

Ps Put A Thumbs Down For This Message Fasten The Process.
    Why don't you go to AAM and ask them to delete your account? Why do you want your account deleted?

ReputationRep:
    I never give beggers money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wellerism)
    Beggars cant be choosers!
    I beat you to it! :p:

ReputationRep:
    the lasat was some one who through the money back in my face he tried to beat me up and then knocked himself out :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lewis321)
    the lasat was some one who through the money back in my face he tried to beat me up and then knocked himself out :/
    Do you know why he did it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stikki)
    Do you know why he did it?
    i refused to give him a 20 pound note. after he had already gone from £1 to £8 off me ha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lewis321)
    i refused to give him a 20 pound note. after he had already gone from £1 to £8 off me ha
    Wow

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.