rj23
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Why do I keep getting a rejection when I receive feedback from interviews.2 interviews lately - I thought I did perfect, turns out I got rejected.One of the roles was an accounts payable 6 month contract role.I got turned down due to lack of experience apparently even though I have 1 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN AN ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ROLE.To me , in the interview it seems like I’m doing everything perfect - what I’m saying there, the body language, smiling.Im doing everything I possibly can to convince and make it such an easy choice to hire me.Im going for entry level permanent roles btw so don’t assume I’m being arrogant - I really put the effort in to make it an easy choice for them to hire me in terms of what I say there if you get what I’m saying 😔
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by rj23)
Why do I keep getting a rejection when I receive feedback from interviews.2 interviews lately - I thought I did perfect, turns out I got rejected.One of the roles was an accounts payable 6 month contract role.I got turned down due to lack of experience apparently even though I have 1 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN AN ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ROLE.To me , in the interview it seems like I’m doing everything perfect - what I’m saying there, the body language, smiling.Im doing everything I possibly can to convince and make it such an easy choice to hire me.Im going for entry level permanent roles btw so don’t assume I’m being arrogant - I really put the effort in to make it an easy choice for them to hire me in terms of what I say there if you get what I’m saying 😔
You've just got to keep going. Maybe you did do really well at interview, but they had someone who did just as well and had 2 years experience in an accounts payable role. Keep trying and eventually you will be the person that gets the job.
Thornton_P
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by rj23)
This sounds really frustrating for you, a lot of people actually experience this feeling that no matter how hard they try, they never seem to land the job. Apart from persisting, I can suggest a couple of things that you need to remember in interviews and the process in general.
1. Try to keep doing something even whilst not in the job your heart is set on. This could be something you enjoy such as a blog, volunteering, or a more casual role. This will both help you not to get bogged down in what seems an impossible situation, and it will be extremely attractive to employers if you're proactive and keen to constantly add value to yourself.
2. Stick to the star (situation, task, action, result) method in your interview. This is often what interviewers are trained to look for and helps give structure to what you are saying. It may be that what you're saying it right, it's just not in the structure that they're looking for. It can be things this small, unfortunately, that could separate candidates.

I hope this helps, good luck with it all.
Last edited by Thornton_P; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (147)
15.67%
Uncertainty around my education (154)
16.42%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (88)
9.38%
Isolating with family (65)
6.93%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (34)
3.62%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (82)
8.74%
Loneliness (95)
10.13%
Financial worries (39)
4.16%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (85)
9.06%
Exposure to negative news/social media (64)
6.82%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (85)
9.06%

Watched Threads