The Student Room Group

Am I being petty/unreasonable?

So I bought an iPad with my birthday money and left my charger downstairs before I went to work.

I came home and it was gone. I asked my only housemate if she had taken it by mistake and she denied it. Problem is, I’ve noticed my past two chargers going missing when she loses hers at her work.

I scratched my charger with a compass (with my initials) to ensure I knew it was mine and noticed that she was using one with a scratch today with the same initials. I confronted her and she kicked off.

So I noticed she left her AirPods on the kitchen counter so I took them and won’t give them back until I get the charger back.

I’ve had to keep replacing my charger in a house of two. I’m a very tidy person and rarely lose things. Just annoying how now I’ve lost two apple chargers and now I know she’s taken it and she’s blatantly lying.

Am I being petty by taking her AirPods?
the epitome of first world problems
Ahahaha that’s fkn hilarious. If it has your initials on then just take it right back
Can you not just walk into her room when she’s out and claim your charger back?

She can hardly say anything if your name is literally craved into it...

Taking her AirPods just makes you as equally a thief. I get it puts pressure on her to return your charger but you can’t hold people’s property at ransom.
It's annoying, sure, but I wouldn't have a problem with anyone using my charger as long as I didn't need it at the time and they returned it when finished. I do think taking her Air Pods was petty but it's a frustrating situation and I'd be tempted to do the same. Try and get your charger back and hide it somewhere she can't find.
(edited 4 years ago)
Just try to get your charger back then return the airpods back.
(edited 4 years ago)
It is petty but not unreasonable, just take back what is yours by force if necessary.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending