Turn on thread page Beta

lithium, yeah he is my ***** but im not using him, tiz just fun. i can associate sex without feeling, sex can just be due to attraction and i have done it with someone else and that was the case, it was just attraction(this was 7/8 months ago and we were broken up at this point, i didn't cheat)

thanks absurd, all i can say is that atleast you are all making me smile with some of the things you guys and gals say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    lithium, yeah he is my ***** but im not using him, tiz just fun. i can associate sex without feeling, sex can just be due to attraction and i have done it with someone else and that was the case, it was just attraction(this was 7/8 months ago and we were broken up at this point, i didn't cheat)
    Yea, sex and love are diff. for sure!

and are the two Anon users the same here?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit confused now tbh. You're asking what you should do, but when someone says "get over him", you're trying find "excuses". Correct me if I'm wrong but he said he doesn't love you anymore, so why would you want to be with someone who doesn't love you. You should find someone who does, instead of spending time sleeping with him.

ReputationRep:
    he really isn't like that lithium, he keeps asking me if im sure i wanna do it and whether im ok and are you totally 100% happy doing this. and he keeps telling me that he's worried that my friends are gonna think that he is using me and kick his ass. i know he's not using me. im 100% about that. honest. please don't think im ungreatful for not taking your advice, it's just that there are certain things you can't know about from what i've written and i am always honest so i wouldn't be defending him if it wasn't true.
    Well i guess that makes that part a bit better. I really hope you get what you want

ReputationRep:
    I agree with what *Lou* said. Why are you trying to hold onto someone when you have already admitted he doesn't love you. Whats the point?

ReputationRep:
    Take some space not speaking to him, trust me - if you try to rake over everything both or one of you is just gonna end up getting frustrated and saying stuff you regret/don't mean etc.

true but if you can fall in love with someone once then i believe you can fall in love with the same person again. thanks lithium, i hope i get what i want too!!!!

i know it's stupid and i shouldn't but i want to sleep with him still. xobarry_the_catxo, i don't think he does miss me at all, we've borken up beofre and the truth is that last time he didn't have any friends to talk to so he was just alone and he had nothing to focus on. this time he has more friends and the one that's the problem thinks he central to the relationship when in reality it's got **** all to do with him. i spoke to him today on the phone and told him what his friend has been syaing and he genuinely sounded surprized when i told him what he said. we all went out last night aswell and this "friend" asked him what was going on between us and when my ex said that he still wants me in his life he actually tried to convince him that that's not waht my ex wants it's just because that's what i want!!! that's how bad he is!!! im glad he wants to be my friends still but i don't think that'll ever be enough for me, i can't imagine my life without being in a realtionship with him. i keep going from being fine to just crying my eyes out over him(probably normal right now but it's not good). i feel like giving up on life sometimes as well--i won't but sometimes i wonder if the world would be better without me in it.
    scott85, he wants to be friends at the moment and it's 50/50 that we'll get back together so i don't know whether to wait or try to move on? i wanna wait but i think i'll end up getting heart broken again.
    I believe that if someone breaks your heart once, they would do it again.

Sometimes, the hardest thing is to let someone go in your life but it may be for the best.

he's done it afew times. i don't know what to do. i wanna die.

he's done it afew times. i don't know what to do. i wanna die.
    Try to forget about him by doing the things you enjoy with your friends and family.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him- make him admit what he actually wants. If he really doesn't love you etc, stop sleeping with him, and put as much pace between you two as possible. In my experience, the only way to get over someone.

oh god, it's all kicking off now. i don't nkow what the hell is going on in that boy's mnid but he really doesn't know what he wants!!! i'll write more soon, parents are buzzing around atm.

it's all weird. we're getting on like a house on fire but it's just a big bag of mixed messages. and i don't want to put as much pace as i can between us because he's my best friend and i can't think of anyone else i'd rather talk to tbh. it scares me to death that we might not get back together, i keep going over everything in my head and just hoping and praying that he'll tell me that he still wants to be with me and im still going crazy!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobarry_the_catxo)
    Sorry to hear that, not nice having a broken heart ever.

Leave it a while, let him have the chance to miss you and ponder over the good times you had together, from experience, its the man in a relationship who finds it the hardest adjusting to a break up.
    really? why do you think that?
    i always find its the women who take it the worst

i find it depends, last time we broke up he took it worst, this time im taking it way worse than him.
    anyway, he being so confusing at the moment, i was away at my uni last week from monday til thursday and when i was there he was being really weird he sent me so many confusing messages "you're the only person who matters to me but i don't want a relationship right now" "you're the biggest thing that ever happened to me and i don't want to lose you" "promise me you'll always be my best friend? i don't wanna be alone." i mean, what the ****?????? then two days ago he says he doesn't want anything to do with me anymore, we've spoken since and it's fine now but i don't understand why he keeps doing this?
    he aslo keeps saying really mean things to me, like today he basically told me that i was a slut and i'll sleep with any guy i can (it's not true, i've had three sexual partners and im 18), i dont' understand why he's saying it, it's almost like when we were togther and he used to insult me when he was feeling insecure, or that he was jealous that i've been with another guy since we split up? i really think he could be starting to have feelings for me agian but he's trying to push me away because he thinks that we don't work togther. does anyone have any idea what's going on in this guys' head???????

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like its over realistically. You'll just have to move on because I mean they'll be other guys who don't cheat on you, who act in a nicer and better way than him. Continueing to sleep with him won't really help your problem, you need him to miss what he doesn't have.

ReputationRep:
    stop sleeping with him for a start, and giving him any affection, next distance yourself from him, no contact if it makes it any easier. he might start to miss your presence and beg you for another chance, if he does then the balls in your court and if he doesnt well then you will have moved on and won't care either way. good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Your situation seems very similar to mine tbh. My boyfriend of 4 years broke my heart due to uni and the fact that he wanted a "fresh start". However, we're still talking, we've slept together a few times since and hes never outright told me he doesn't love me anymore. He still spends time with me, and tells me he likes spending time with me. I'm putting in an awful lot of effort to show him how much I love him, seeing as I didn't do it enough when we were together.

However, he does sound really confused. It seems like, he wants to be single, but wants options that he can fall back on. And he may ask you if you really wanna sleep with him before it happens, but by letting it happen hes still setting you up for a harder fall. But I know how hard it is to say no. By still sleeping with my ex, I know that it's gonna be a ton harder for me to get over him if he eventually tells me straight that he doesn't wanna be with me. But I'm just telling myself that i'll deal with that when the time comes. Besides, i'm sure that if he does walk away, it's only 32 more days before I go to uni which means i'll have a clean break from him. It'll hurt, but it'll make things easier. I just hope it doesn't come to that.

I'm sorry I wasn't of much use, but I figure knowing someone else is going through what you are has gotta be reassuring right? =) or at least it was to me!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.