Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How would I be able to gain weight and say more fat if you want to call it that more evenly distributed around my body. I am not skinny but I am quite slim and would like to get bigger. However I know I am not eating a healthy diet and it is mainly fatty food or a lot of carbs but the excess weight gained and fat just concentrates on my stomach. How do I go about spreading this more about my body so that I become slightly wider and the rest of my body.

I do work out bench, dumbells etc to build my muscle mass and also take protein shakes. I know my diet is horrible but at the moment I dont mind gaining unhealthy weight slightly.

ReputationRep:
    Gain muscle. Eat clean x lots you'll put on weight. Protein, protein and protein. There's no point maxing out on fatty foods....

Post your diet and your exercise regime

ReputationRep:
    To gain muscle all over your body, you'll need to stick to big compounds rather than isolations. So squats, deadlifts, bench press and pull-ups, military press etc. You can't aim where the fat goes, it will be put onto different areas as your bodyfat increases. If I was you, I'd go on a bulking diet, make sure your diet is good (as in 6 or so meals, plenty of clean carbs and protein) then add in the crap food if you want. Otherwise you won't gain much muscle at all, manly only fat. Hope this helps

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.