Full license not arrived¿

Watch
noteverydaypls
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Yeah, so...

I passed my test on the 22nd November, and so it's been over the three weeks I expected to have received my license. I called the DVLA... and they said that if it hasn't arrived by now then it's been lost and that they'd have to send another one, cancelling the existing one in the process. So if that arrives eventually, it'll be invalid.

So what now... wait some more and assume there's been a postage delay, or request another one that won't arrive till at least mid-January? Is this kind of thing supposed to be normal?
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
*shrug* These things happen, and it is busy season for the mail. I'd maybe give it a full month before declaring it AWOL and asking for another one. Nothing stopping you driving in the meantime.
username5088504
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I think its just busy
noteverydaypls
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
*shrug* These things happen, and it is busy season for the mail. I'd maybe give it a full month before declaring it AWOL and asking for another one. Nothing stopping you driving in the meantime.
Yeah I suppose patience is a virtue... I'm definitely way too bothered about the hole in my wallet where my provisional used to be :lol:
ThuggerThugger
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
You can still drive you know... your pass certificate is essentially your license until the card arrives.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by ThuggerThugger)
You can still drive you know... your pass certificate is essentially your license until the card arrives.
One would imagine they would like their driving licence for photo ID.
ThuggerThugger
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
One would imagine they would like their driving licence for photo ID.
Well they didn’t give a reason, if it is just because they want to drive then they don’t need it hence one’s response.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (51)
16.61%
I'm not sure (8)
2.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (106)
34.53%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.3%
I'm not a current university student (138)
44.95%

Watched Threads