The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

How do you commute to University?

In Bristol there isn’t the Oyster system like in London so I’d imagine it’s pretty expensive . Bearing that in mind, how do you get to campus?
Original post by Chowderzzz
In Bristol there isn’t the Oyster system like in London so I’d imagine it’s pretty expensive . Bearing that in mind, how do you get to campus?

Some halls in Clifton are an easy walk in to the University. Lots of people also cycle in from the cluster of halls in Stoke Bishop, but thats walkable as well - though there is a pretty big hill along the way. Bristol is really not that big a city so you dont suffer from not having a tube in the way you would in London.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Most halls are a short walk from uni so that would be fine. Stoke bishop halls are about a 20 minute bus ride, but you get a free bus pass for the year so you don’t need to worry about the cost.
Moonwalk
I live in stoke bishop and take a 10-minute bus journey to the campus everyday. The bus pass is free only for your first year and buses are very frequent. Depending on the time of day, buses usually come every 7-8 minutes. However, it gets very busy for 9am lectures so I take a half and hour walk in the morning.
I drive - but I do live the other side of Cardiff so it's not exactly walking distance! I usually park in Clifton and walk in. The hill isn't that bad, and it's good for your fitness to walk up in every day.
Original post by Mr Wednesday
Some halls in Clifton are an easy walk in to the University. Lots of people also cycle in from the cluster of halls in Stoke Bishop, but thats walkable as well - though there is a pretty big hill along the way. Bristol is really not that big a city so you dont suffer from not having a tube in the way you would in London.

Quite a few students live here where I live in Montpelier. It's a 25 minute walk, and includes Ninetree Hill - really good for incidental fitness.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending