Grow your Grades Christmas Spot Prize 2019! Watch

rajayasaswini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have a bunch (read a lot) of different methods:
- If you have read my GYG, you'll know that I have this app called Study Bunny. You get a coin for every 10 minutes you study and you can buy stuff with those coins. They made a new update today where the Bunny has a happiness meter where you have to get coins to keep the happiness meter full. So far this has motivated me to keep studying and concentrate.
- When I genuinely can't concentrate, I listen to a few motivational songs. One of them is Mixtape #3 by Stray Kids (its kpop btw). These songs really help me get back on track.
"Blessings wait for you."
- Stray Kids on Mixtape #3

- Staying in your room won't always help you with studying so I go out for a 20-minute walk while listening to music and just enjoying the scenery and the people walking by. If you don't want to go outside just do some physical activity for a while. For example, I dance for half an hour or so and it just refreshes me a lot.
- I guess the last thing is to reward yourself with something. So I have a lot of videos on my Watch Later on YT and I would love to get rid of them...by watching them. I tell myself to finish a few more minutes, pages, paragraphs of revision or essay-writing and after I finish them, I watch a video or two. You can reward yourself with a snack or a book or something you really like to do or watch.

:console:|--*virtual hug to all you that are reading this post*--|:console:
:claus:Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!:claus:
barror1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think the best way to motivate yourself is to try and find enjoyment in what you do! You will be so much better if your actions are rooted in a genuine excitement :love:
ArtmisKco
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I watch a lil bit of Prince Ea
Racsoix
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Definitely think forward to the future and where I'd like to be. I also know the reaction from parents/teachers when I don't revise and I certainly don't want that again! I also think reading around the subject and trying to become as interested as possible helps too.. (although is easier said than done!). For example, I'll often go and watch some Numberphile to get myself in the mood for some maths. Aside from that, I just tell myself to get through x amount of revision and then I have the rest of the day/evening free. I find taking regular breaks to be really distracting though, so I'll generally just try to slog through an hour or twos worth of revision in one go.. and hope I don't procrastinate at all!
PetitePanda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I motivate myself through food and the despair of others
Marcus...
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don’t motivate myself.

That’s the thing.
nathan_nacu
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I keep snacks on pages of my books so when i get to a checkpoint i can have a little snack, then sometimes i order chinese and tell myself that eating food from minorities counts as research into capitalism and societal deals and thus is relevant to my sociology course
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I imagine the consequences of failing the presentation/assignment/exam, divide the task into stages and make a start on it.
Then reward myself with chocolate and a break after completing each stage.
Zainab1234
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I remind myself I will thank myself when I get the grades I want
FlawlessChicken
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by rajayasaswini)
I have a bunch (read a lot) of different methods:
- If you have read my GYG, you'll know that I have this app called Study Bunny. You get a coin for every 10 minutes you study and you can buy stuff with those coins. They made a new update today where the Bunny has a happiness meter where you have to get coins to keep the happiness meter full. So far this has motivated me to keep studying and concentrate.
- When I genuinely can't concentrate, I listen to a few motivational songs. One of them is Mixtape #3 by Stray Kids (its kpop btw). These songs really help me get back on track.
"Blessings wait for you."
- Stray Kids on Mixtape #3

- Staying in your room won't always help you with studying so I go out for a 20-minute walk while listening to music and just enjoying the scenery and the people walking by. If you don't want to go outside just do some physical activity for a while. For example, I dance for half an hour or so and it just refreshes me a lot.
- I guess the last thing is to reward yourself with something. So I have a lot of videos on my Watch Later on YT and I would love to get rid of them...by watching them. I tell myself to finish a few more minutes, pages, paragraphs of revision or essay-writing and after I finish them, I watch a video or two. You can reward yourself with a snack or a book or something you really like to do or watch.

:console:|--*virtual hug to all you that are reading this post*--|:console:
:claus:Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!:claus:
Wow another stay gyg-er how have we not met before?
Last edited by FlawlessChicken; 1 month ago
Gold Panda
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have for my lock screen wallpaper a screenshot of my uni acceptance letter and I am planning to get it printed out as well as a photoshopped A Level results sheet with all As on it. Therefore whenever I use my phone or am bored when I have low study motivation, I look at them and I see what I am working towards.
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you are lacking motivation it probably means you need a break - most people set themselves too long a time to sit and work. The brain needs regular breaks to remember what you are learning.

I go for a walk in the summer or just go and make a cup of tea in the winter.
jemima0103
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I normally motivate myself by playing some music in my room. I also have an app called hold which gives you points to get rewards.
closure
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thinking about how rewarding it would be for me to get a First Class at the end of the year. Usually motivates me to work when I'm lazy...
LostLioness
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't do any of the following I am about to share because I hate myself and won't allow myself to get good grades, but for you all self-loving souls out there:

- Take a break and do something that totally takes your mind off everything, e.g. exercise, go for a walk, bake...whatever it is.
- Tell yourself to stop ****ing about and get on with it because summer exams are literally almost here and you will thank yourself on results day. Trust me, you will.
- Go to the library - makes you feel InTellEctual and forces you to work

I don't bother with colouring and pretty stuff, just get up and do it. And don't waste your daily energy on stupid crap like Instagram. YouTube is better for procrastination, just saying.

Wasn't going to post...but.....can you tell how badly I want the money? #StudentLife
Last edited by LostLioness; 1 month ago
A giant chicken
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well it's all about WHERE you study: you gotta study in a HIGH ADRENALINE environment. For example, i study inside a highly active volcano as this prevents me from becoming lazy
GeolPhysics
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I used to sit for 20 minutes and worry about not studying when I was tired. But now I just accept that I'm tired and don't try to push myself. It's been a journey to get to this point.
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)

It's almost Christmas and so we have decided now would be a perfect time to have a little spot-prize competition, just so you don't get to forget about your revision and studying completely!

We're offering a £25 amazon vouchers as a prize. All you have to do win it is tell us:

How do you motivate yourself when you're low on energy for studying?

Just post your reply below, and we'll be doing a random draw of all the answers on Monday the 23rd of December!

I'm tagging in all you amazing Grow your Grades posters this year so far!

Good luck everyone :claus:

GYG

Competition, you need a good group of mates but final year of undergrad we had a competition between 8 of us, whoever had the lowest average had to come head shaven to graduation, all of got 1st's overall so it did work.

I also had the competition element on my masters but more casually just for bragging rights. The head shaving element actually became quite fun tbh, you'll be surprised how much weird banter you can squeeze out of it.
Lee Butler
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have a terrible job that I hate. I get motivation by reminding myself that if I dont do well i will be stuck doing poor work for minimum wage for the rest of my life. All the motivation i need!
TheYearNiner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When I have low motivation, I take a break and think about how I want my life to be in the future and the possible repurcussions of not getting the grades I want.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (199)
67.23%
No (97)
32.77%

Watched Threads