why do people find interracial marriges bad?

Watch
rebeccaxrss
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
.. just want to know
Josi2Cool121
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I really don't know. We're all people, and we have a right to marry anyone you want. That's the fun of life!
Anonymous #1
Report 11 months ago
because you want your children to look like you.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Do you mean why do some people vociferously detest the idea of inter-racial marriages or openly hate everybody involved in them? :confused:
If so- race hate or religious fanaticism.
Occasionally a combination of the two.

Usually affects all inter-racial sexual relationships, regardless of whether the couple are married.
Only the most vicious, intrusive and bigoted of people feel the need to start victimising other law abiding adults over their consensual sex lives.
The perpetrators are vile and the consequences of their race hate fuelled bigotry horrifying and devastating.
For the targeted inter-racial couple and often their mixed race descendant/s.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
because you want your children to look like you.
Do you?
I don't mind one way or the other.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 11 months ago
Having seen friends and families be in interracial marriage, the problem and challenges has always been from others making false assumptions through stereotypes and projecting their prejudice to the couples. For example certain Asian cultures are against marrying outside their culture, and often look down on particular communities. Me (black) and my gf (asian) are in an interracial problems, we always have a few Chinese students talk behind our back at how disgusting our relationship is, and how I must be dirt poor because of my race (they don't even know me). A lot of interracial couples face open hostility and intimidation, negative stereotyping which is why many struggle to be in one.
econhelp525
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I've never heard of anyone in today's day of age finding interracial marriages bad.
Em.-.
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Because they are racist??
Anonymous #2
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by rebeccaxrss)
.. just want to know
Maybe cause they are unhappy with their own life or just really bored
Anonymous #3
Report 11 months ago
Because majority of (mostly black people) are arrogant.
when black guys date white women, they tend to get abusive, talk to them like dirt.
Have kids then leave them. There's so many mixed race (mostly black) who are fatherless.
rebeccaxrss
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Because majority of (mostly black people) are arrogant.
when black guys date white women, they tend to get abusive, talk to them like dirt.
Have kids then leave them. There's so many mixed race (mostly black) who are fatherless.
i dont agree with that, thats so stereotypical. I am black and i find that quite offensive i feel like its across the races not just one.
sienna0305
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
People are ignorant and can’t be bothered to learn the customs of other cultures and run the risk of the other persons families having different beliefs/values to there’s. People are naturally drawn to other people like them and would rather stay in their comfort zones unfortunately
Justbeingmyself
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Often there are religious/cultural barriers to overcome and negative stereotypes from ignorant people who think they're superior to those from a different background. I've got nothing against it if two people like each other. We are all human at the end of the day.
Anonymous #3
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by sienna0305)
People are ignorant and can’t be bothered to learn the customs of other cultures and run the risk of the other persons families having different beliefs/values to there’s. People are naturally drawn to other people like them and would rather stay in their comfort zones unfortunately
Trust me, iv'e known many white women with mixed race children who are fatherless, most said the fathers cheat or straight up abandon them. Look at the Kardashians.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (73)
27.76%
No - I have already returned home (30)
11.41%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.53%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.65%
No - I live at home during term anyway (78)
29.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise