The Student Room Group

How can I get a 8/9 in French?

I'm in Year 11, and I got my french result back from my mocks.
So can you guys provide me some tips on how I can improve, and also I do AQA French.

I got
Reading: 8
Writing: 7
Listening: 3 [oops]
Speaking: 5
And overall I got a 6 in French.

Especially can you guys tell me on how I can improve my LISTENING because I did the worst in that.
try listening to as much as you can, listening to podcasts watching videos, doing practice, listening to songs, even watching Netflix with french audio but English subs!
I would personally say don’t even focus on listening. I didn’t get an 8/9 that you want but I did get a 7(in German though, not French). Imo your best bet is focusing on Speaking as it is something that is very easy to improve and will raise your overall grade considerably. I feel like everyone across the country struggles with Listening so if you have try and remember new vocab and have a hint of what it sounds like then you may even find yourself in a better position than others.
Once again, this is just my opinion but if you were to work hard enough you could boost both speaking and listening.

PS 1 mark off an 8 and I’m still annoyed 2 years later
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by OkDan_
I'm in Year 11, and I got my french result back from my mocks.
So can you guys provide me some tips on how I can improve, and also I do AQA French.

I got
Reading: 8
Writing: 7
Listening: 3 [oops]
Speaking: 5
And overall I got a 6 in French.

Especially can you guys tell me on how I can improve my LISTENING because I did the worst in that.

Hi I just got my mock back and I got a 9 in french (8 listening)
For listening practice is the most important thing, I have this app called radio France or something and if I have time I just listen to that, you don’t have to understand everything but getting some exposure to real french speakers is so useful, particularly because they talk much slower in GCSE listening so it should be easier for you to pick out. If you have time try watching a french tv programme to help listen or listen to french music. A lot of my friends listen to duolingo french podcast on Spotify which you may find helpful.also, doing lots of practice listenings is important to make sure you understanding what they are saying, if you have kerboodle I would recommend doing some of the listenings on there, good luck 😊
Thank you, guys!! I appreciate it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending