The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St. Andrews, accepted offers?

I was just wondering if anyone on this website who has gotten an offer from St. Andrews has accepted it yet?
I really want to meet people going there before going :smile: . I accepted an unconditional offer for psychology last Friday! I'm super excited!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by annonamona
I was just wondering if anyone on this website who has gotten an offer from St. Andrews has accepted it yet?
I really want to meet people going there before going :smile: . I accepted an unconditional offer for psychology last Friday! I'm super excited!

Hey there :smile: I have had an offer for English, and once I’ve received my offer pack and read it ( so OCD!) I am definitely going to accept! I am very excited as well. I love the town. Have you visited there as well? What dorm are you hoping on getting for next year, if you’ve even researched those. Are you international, UK or EU? :smile:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by EnglishMaj
Hey there :smile: I have had an offer for English, and once I’ve received my offer pack and read it ( so OCD!) I am definitely going to accept! I am very excited as well. I love the town. Have you visited there as well? What dorm are you hoping on getting for next year, if you’ve even researched those. Are you international, UK or EU? :smile:

I’m an international student and I’m super exited! I know it’s a bit extra but I really like st Salvatore’s hall. I visited and I instantly knew I wanted to go. How about you?
I’m an international student and I’m super exited! I know it’s a bit extra but I really like st Salvatore’s hall. I visited and I instantly knew I wanted to go. How about you?

International :smile: I like the looks of Sallies but I really want my own room and bathroom :wink: If Sallies had that I would want to be in there too! I knew I wanted to go immediately too.

Are you going to attend the visiting day on April 4? I might be in the country at the time, so I’m thinking of going for their official visiting day...... they say you can look at the dorms too, which would be nice!
Reply 5
Are you going to attend the visiting day on April 4? I might be in the country at the time, so I’m thinking of going for their official visiting day...... they say you can look at the dorms too, which would be nice!

Since I live in America it is kind of tough for me to try and make it to those days, I really want to go but I highly doubt I will be able to go. What hall are you interested in? I've heard it's hard for first years to get their own dorm or bathroom
Since I live in America it is kind of tough for me to try and make it to those days, I really want to go but I highly doubt I will be able to go. What hall are you interested in? I've heard it's hard for first years to get their own dorm or bathroom

Yeah, I understand the obstacle of the giant ocean between us and our school! :wink: I am interested in the David Russel Apartments, or even the new Fife Park dorm. I have heard that the accommodations team does their best to fit everyone in their requested scenario ( i.e Single room, self catered, en suite) and then I have also learned that they try to match people with similar schedules and interests, which is a huge plus from my point of view!:biggrin: So , as usual, I have high hopes, but you never know :smile: If I was to have to room with someone I liked and got along with, and the shared bathroom situation didn’t freak me out so much ( friends in college shared their uncomfortable stories) then I of course wouldn’t say no to any of the dorms. Que sera, sera! Also, Sallies is a wayyyyy shorter walk to the English School :wink:

in the traditional halls, yes. in the modern halls you can expect to get your own room and ensuite, so you really have to weigh it up!
Reply 8
Yeah, I understand the obstacle of the giant ocean between us and our school! :wink: I am interested in the David Russel Apartments, or even the new Fife Park dorm. I have heard that the accommodations team does their best to fit everyone in their requested scenario ( i.e Single room, self catered, en suite) and then I have also learned that they try to match people with similar schedules and interests, which is a huge plus from my point of view!:biggrin: So , as usual, I have high hopes, but you never know :smile: If I was to have to room with someone I liked and got along with, and the shared bathroom situation didn’t freak me out so much ( friends in college shared their uncomfortable stories) then I of course wouldn’t say no to any of the dorms. Que sera, sera! Also, Sallies is a wayyyyy shorter walk to the English School :wink:

Honestly I can barely wait to just be there so I'm honestly happy with most dorms (even though I prefer the older style buildings)! I super excited!!

Hi, got my Geography offer 2 weeks ago! I’m from the U.K.
Reply 10
Original post by Olly_Kail

Yay! Congrats! Are you planning on accepting it?
Yay! Congrats! Are you planning on accepting it?

I'm still waiting to hear from Durham but its like an 80% chance i'll accept St Andrews :smile:
Original post by Olly_Kail

Congratulations!!! I hope you accept!! :smile:
Forgot to say that I accepted my offer two days ago :smile: it’s official, folks! See you in September!
Reply 14
Forgot to say that I accepted my offer two days ago :smile: it’s official, folks! See you in September!

OMG I just saw this! Congrats!
Reply 15
Hey! I just wanted to see where everyone was at? If you guys maybe wanted to start a group chat or something (I want to know a few people before going)!
Hey! I just wanted to see where everyone was at? If you guys maybe wanted to start a group chat or something (I want to know a few people before going)!

I’d be totally down for that!
Reply 17

I just got my offer today! Yeah, I'm totally down for a group chat, it's always nice to know someone before you go. What platform are we setting up this chat in?
Reply 18
Original post by Ashmiek
I just got my offer today! Yeah, I'm totally down for a group chat, it's always nice to know someone before you go. What platform are we setting up this chat in?

I was trying to figure it out! I’ll send a personal message to better figure it out

Hi, I am really new to the student room and I am glad to find people going. I don't live in Scotland, I have never visited, so I am eager to talk to some people before going. I have accepted my offer too. I am also studying English!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending