The Student Room Group

Does Doing new A levels in a 3rd year count as a resit or something else

So say you were stupid and Took General studies, art and music A level. And then took say Maths, chemistry and Biology fast track in a third year and got 3 A*s. Would this be seen as a resit or something else.

Also would you be expected to put the old A levels down on your application or would that not be a requirement if so why/why not.

By the way I ain’t planning on doing this fast track A levels sounds extremely Stressful I Don’t have a GCSE in Music or art

This is about applying for medicine btw
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Studentboy783
So say you were stupid and Took General studies, art and music A level. And then took say Maths, chemistry and Biology fast track in a third year and got 3 A*s. Would this be seen as a resit or something else.

Also would you be expected to put the old A levels down on your application or would that not be a requirement if so why/why not.

By the way I ain’t planning on doing this fast track A levels sounds extremely Stressful I Don’t have a GCSE in Music or art

No, hypothetically this would not be classed as a resit as none of those subjects are hypothetically being resat.

You have to put all qualifications you have taken, regardless of grades, on UCAS. That is their rules.

Why is taking General Studies, Art and music stupid? They are fine, just don't meet medicine requirements
Original post by GANFYD
No, hypothetically this would not be classed as a resit as none of those subjects are hypothetically being resat.

You have to put all qualifications you have taken, regardless of grades, on UCAS. That is their rules.

Why is taking General Studies, Art and music stupid? They are fine, just don't meet medicine requirements

I was told they’re all Loathed by universities and should only be taken as 4th options
Reply 3
I was told they’re all Loathed by universities and should only be taken as 4th options

Only General Studies of those would not be accepted as a suitable A level for medicine. Art and Music would be considered acceptable and are pretty rigorous subjects. Not sure of requirements for other courses. No med school needs a 4th A level so there is no point taking one.

1. No it wouldnt be a resit.
2. Yes you would include the old A levels as well, as UCAS requires a complete record.
3. In terms of medicine it would be fine, but the only ones contributing would be the fast tracked A levels. Medicine tends to be fussy about resists (which these are not), but many schools require you to have sat the qualifying A levels within a 2 year window, so you should check that as well. As this isnt even a real issue, then will leave it at that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending