Shives18
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Anyone submited there application for 2020 nursing at qub ?
amcgarvey11
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Me!! Hoping to hear about interviews in the new year, fingers crossed x
Nika19855
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I submitted my application last night
Shives18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Here's to better luck this year for us won't be doing this a 4th time 🤭 unlucky we didn't get in of the reserve list
Lolay2324
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi Again everyone.
I submitted my application again just before Christmas. Hopefully we all have better luck this time around! :-)
Shives18
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lolay2324)
Hi Again everyone.
I submitted my application again just before Christmas. Hopefully we all have better luck this time around! :-)
Fingers crossed 🤞 let's hope these mmi stations are easier this time round frig sake
Lolay2324
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Shives18)
Fingers crossed 🤞 let's hope these mmi stations are easier this time round frig sake
I would be happy if they were tailored to a wider age group. I felt last years were very much targeted to school leavers.
Shives18
Rep:
?
I would be happy if they were tailored to a wider age group. I felt last years were very much targeted to school leavers.
I felt the same, the normal interview is much better and fair I think
amcgarvey11
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Is it okay if i ask how you guys found them difficult? obviously without revealing too much etc but was it the actual questions that were hard? x
Nursing_77
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Just submitted my application, wasn’t going to re apply for qub was just going to go through Open University but I’ve applied as a back up plan just incase! 3rd time lucky hopefully lol
Shives18
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nursing_77)
Just submitted my application, wasn’t going to re apply for qub was just going to go through Open University but I’ve applied as a back up plan just incase! 3rd time lucky hopefully lol
3rd and final time for me too, let's hope
This year is our year 👍🏻 X
Andremasil
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I didn't have that impression, sorry. Everyone on my access course that applied for nursing or midwifery got an interview. And we are mature students. I got a place for adult nursing (first time applying) but didn't get the grade, I lost my father one day before exams and thought I could manage it. I guess I was wrong. But I'm happy where I'm now, I wanted to work on healthcare so I got a place in another uni for another course. Good luck to all of you.
Lolay2324
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Andremasil)
I didn't have that impression, sorry. Everyone on my access course that applied for nursing or midwifery got an interview. And we are mature students. I got a place for adult nursing (first time applying) but didn't get the grade, I lost my father one day before exams and thought I could manage it. I guess I was wrong. But I'm happy where I'm now, I wanted to work on healthcare so I got a place in another uni for another course. Good luck to all of you.
It was just my opinion on the scenarios I was given during my interview. I still done quite well ranking 535. I just felt the scenarios were something I may have experienced if I was a teenager not an adult with a family.
I understand everyone will have had a difference experience.
Andremasil
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It was just my opinion on the scenarios I was given during my interview. I still done quite well ranking 535. I just felt the scenarios were something I may have experienced if I was a teenager not an adult with a family.
Really? my scenarios were quite different than yours then. Interesting. Most of the scenarios I felt like I had been through it at some point in my life. Good luck this time. I hope you get it. fingers crossed.
Tripleb
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I agree that some of the scenarios seemed to be more aimed at younger applicant. Hopefully this year the scenarios will be bit more suitable for a wider as age range
Last edited by Tripleb; 2 months ago
Shives18
Rep:
?
Even if the stations where cut to maybe 3 mins a station I feel 5 mins on each is too long, you just keep repeating yourself to run the clock down.
Tripleb
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Even if the stations where cut to maybe 3 mins a station I feel 5 mins on each is too long, you just keep repeating yourself to run the clock down.
I found that some of the people in the stations to be quite helpful, while others seemed to look right through you. Maybe it just luck of the draw
Nursing_77
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
3rd and final time for me too, let's hope
This year is our year 👍🏻 X
Your right! 3rd time lucky!x
Shives18
Rep:
?
That's ucas deadline closed... the waiting for interviews now haha
Tripleb
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Anyone who applied last year remember when they heard back from queens that they had an interview. I remember my interview was at the end of Feb
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (104)
60.82%
No (67)
39.18%

Watched Threads