Bf rarely says ‘I love you’ in person Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I’m 20 and I’ve been with my boyfriend for a year and a half and love him so much. I’m sure he does too by his actions and he does say he loves me sometimes over text. But I’m also the type of person that needs to HEAR it every so often. He said he doesn’t say it much because he thinks it will lose it’s meaning if we always said it, but if you love me, surely the number of times you say it won’t make you love me any less, right?

I’m just starting to doubt his feelings for me because I can count the number of times he’s said it to me over our relationship
Em.-.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Maybe he just feels awkward/soppy saying it a lot? Doesn’t mean he doesn’t love u. As long as he shows it that should be enough.
rebeccaxrss
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m 20 and I’ve been with my boyfriend for a year and a half and love him so much. I’m sure he does too by his actions and he does say he loves me sometimes over text. But I’m also the type of person that needs to HEAR it every so often. He said he doesn’t say it much because he thinks it will lose it’s meaning if we always said it, but if you love me, surely the number of times you say it won’t make you love me any less, right?

I’m just starting to doubt his feelings for me because I can count the number of times he’s said it to me over our relationship
lol stop overthinking
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Em.-.)
Maybe he just feels awkward/soppy saying it a lot? Doesn’t mean he doesn’t love u. As long as he shows it that should be enough.
He does show it but I don’t want it to be like I’m just making myself believe that he loves me without him telling me himself, if that makes sense?
Em.-.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
He does show it but I don’t want it to be like I’m just making myself believe that he loves me without him telling me himself, if that makes sense?
Sometimes actions can be stronger than words. People can easily say “I love you” without truly meaning it, possibly only saying if because they feel that they have to. Whereas if he’s someone who maybe feels a little awkward saying it, it means when he does say it it is more meaningful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
60.89%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.89%
No- I want it (120)
26.67%
No- I don't want it (34)
7.56%

Watched Threads