Want more information about this university?

University of Manchester or Salford University?

Watch
Wondering123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Is the university of Manchester a good university to study mental health nursing or Salford University?

Anyone out there who is doing degree on Mental health nursing?
Last edited by Wondering123; 10 months ago
Abdullahkhan1234
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Idk about mental health nursing in particular, but manchester is generally considered to be better than salford, although i have heard Salford is meant to be pretty good for nursing. It is worth researching by looking through the websites and league tables.
georgia_casey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Manchester is a far better University than Salford , the social life is much better at Manchester especially if your accommodation is on the Fallowfield campus and there are some really cheap accommodation options at the University of Manchester (Oak House is only ยฃ102 a week and it's known for the social life). The library / learning facilities are also very good and the campus is generally much nicer than Salford's.
Wondering123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Thank you guys. I am not looking to live away from home as its just a 40 min trek. It's more for doing the mental health nursing degree.
Anonymous #1
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Wondering123)
Thank you guys. I am not looking to live away from home as its just a 40 min trek. It's more for doing the mental health nursing degree.
Salford if generally meant to be a really good uni for all healthcare courses, Iโ€™ve applied for Physiotherapy and been offered a place there which is my first choice
Wondering123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I have been told not to do my mental health degree at university of Manchester because they put alot of preassure on and give no support. Is there anyone out there to help me decide which uni to choose plz. Uni of Manchester or Salford?
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I have been told not to do my mental health degree at university of Manchester because they put alot of preassure on and give no support. Is there anyone out there to help me decide which uni to choose plz. Uni of Manchester or Salford?
Go to Manchester. It is a better uni.
Wondering123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Thanks. Is there anyone here who is doing their degree at the university of Manchester ( nursing or other) I've heard things like you are left at your own resources, you are not given any support and if you ask for help, they refuse to give it. Also if you fail 1st year they end it there and you find out late so you are unable to apply next year at any other university. I am in knots as I don't know which one to accept.

I know that your degree is how much ever work you put in and I intend to do my best but hearing peoples views about the university has made me nervous to make a decision.
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Thanks. Is there anyone here who is doing their degree at the university of Manchester ( nursing or other) I've heard things like you are left at your own resources, you are not given any support and if you ask for help, they refuse to give it. Also if you fail 1st year they end it there and you find out late so you are unable to apply next year at any other university. I am in knots as I don't know which one to accept.

I know that your degree is how much ever work you put in and I intend to do my best but hearing peoples views about the university has made me nervous to make a decision.
You have to put in effort to get what you want. Manchester is a top uni, so it expects you to pull your weight. Don't turn it down.
Bangtanistan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i attend salford; please please please choose the Univeristy of Manchester. way more doors will open for you. and youll probably learn something. salford has easy modules; its somewhat terrible
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (474)
33.5%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (584)
41.27%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (292)
20.64%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (65)
4.59%

Watched Threads