The Student Room Group

FWB/relationship at uni

So i am a first year at university and when i moved into student accommodation i hit it off with one of the guys in my flats. We banged on the second day being there and i thought at first it was going to be a relationship. We get on so well and have a really good laugh. We both dont talk to many people on our course or our flat really so its just us. A month in we were fighting all the time when we were drunk as he was talking to other girls and sleeping with them(found that out late) and i got jelous and asked what we were and he said he didnt want a relationship. We are both a bit older for first years too im 20 and his 25, so i thought it was something serious. So the next few month he was talking and sleeping around knowing how i felt but we are best friends and we sleep together most days so i feel like i'm getting the best that i can. However when i tried a dating app to talk to other people (to try and find someone else other than him to try and reduce the feelings i had) he got extremely jealous and made me delete the app or we were not going on our night out. I have met a few people since being at uni 3 other than him one he knows about but didn't speak to me for days because of and the rest i have done behind his back and he has slept with around 7/8 and most multiple times He has also got mad when we have been out and he has kissed or left me standing there to talk to other girls. He does say that he has some feelings and that im more than friends with benefits but im really confused how i am suppose to feel anymore. Lately he has been more relationshipy kinda and from what i know not had any girls round. its now Christmas break and we have both gone home and live at opposite ends of the county so wont see each other till we go back to uni. We have been speaking a lot tho since coming back and i left before him and he didnt have anyone round even tho would have been a good time to considering im not there. But now his back home what if he goes back to someone there as one of the girls he slept with and still talks to goes to our uni and is in his friendship group and will be spending new year with her which he said he slept with her on last year or something Could do with some advice... i really really miss him but not sure if he misses me so should i keep messaging so he dosent like other girls or should i ease off a bit... and when we go back at Christmas should i see how it goes and what if he goes back to seeing other girls im not sure i can deal with the hurt but then he is my best friend and looks out for me so much (i have been having panic attacks after i was attached in the first month and he has helped with them and walking me places if its late at night so im safe) and we have such a good time together. So confused how i am meant to feel and how im meant to act on this
Basically he's manipulating you so he can have sex with other girls while restricting you to talk to other guys because he's selfish.

Bin him and move on. You're only going to get more hurt getting deeper with him.
Throw the whole man away. You deserve better. Tell him he either has you an no one else or you’re done with him
Reply 3
Original post by trapking
Basically he's manipulating you so he can have sex with other girls while restricting you to talk to other guys because he's selfish.

Bin him and move on. You're only going to get more hurt getting deeper with him.

the problem i have is we live together and he is literally the only person i really get on with at uni
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Throw the whole man away. You deserve better. Tell him he either has you an no one else or you’re done with him

the problem i have is we live together and he is literally the only person i really get on with at uni
Original post by sophiewood2
So i am a first year at university and when i moved into student accommodation i hit it off with one of the guys in my flats. We banged on the second day being there and i thought at first it was going to be a relationship. We get on so well and have a really good laugh. We both dont talk to many people on our course or our flat really so its just us. A month in we were fighting all the time when we were drunk as he was talking to other girls and sleeping with them(found that out late) and i got jelous and asked what we were and he said he didnt want a relationship. We are both a bit older for first years too im 20 and his 25, so i thought it was something serious. So the next few month he was talking and sleeping around knowing how i felt but we are best friends and we sleep together most days so i feel like i'm getting the best that i can. However when i tried a dating app to talk to other people (to try and find someone else other than him to try and reduce the feelings i had) he got extremely jealous and made me delete the app or we were not going on our night out. I have met a few people since being at uni 3 other than him one he knows about but didn't speak to me for days because of and the rest i have done behind his back and he has slept with around 7/8 and most multiple times He has also got mad when we have been out and he has kissed or left me standing there to talk to other girls. He does say that he has some feelings and that im more than friends with benefits but im really confused how i am suppose to feel anymore. Lately he has been more relationshipy kinda and from what i know not had any girls round. its now Christmas break and we have both gone home and live at opposite ends of the county so wont see each other till we go back to uni. We have been speaking a lot tho since coming back and i left before him and he didnt have anyone round even tho would have been a good time to considering im not there. But now his back home what if he goes back to someone there as one of the girls he slept with and still talks to goes to our uni and is in his friendship group and will be spending new year with her which he said he slept with her on last year or something Could do with some advice... i really really miss him but not sure if he misses me so should i keep messaging so he dosent like other girls or should i ease off a bit... and when we go back at Christmas should i see how it goes and what if he goes back to seeing other girls im not sure i can deal with the hurt but then he is my best friend and looks out for me so much (i have been having panic attacks after i was attached in the first month and he has helped with them and walking me places if its late at night so im safe) and we have such a good time together. So confused how i am meant to feel and how im meant to act on this

As others said bin him unless you want your self esteem destroyed further, he's a moron
Reply 6

So you'll need to start making friends on your course, join clubs and societies to meet people, get involved in activities off-campus.
Reply 7

My idea of having a good time with someone doesn't involve jealousy, drunken arguments, being controlled, being ignored, talking to people behind each others backs and worrying about a partner sleeping around!

I am concerned as to why you slept with this guy within a couple of days and not only thought it was going to be a relationship, but have stuck with him when the relationship is so toxic. You need to get rid of him and work on your confidence and self-esteem. As they say, you can't love someone if you don't love yourself; you deserve better and don't make excuses like being best friends and him looking out for you because you most certainly aren't and he doesn't, not truly!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending