HarrySayer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have received an offer from Exeter and just waiting for Warwick for Computer Science. If Warwick were to reject my application, my CF (conditional firm) would be Exeter with Newcastle as my UI (unconditional insurance). If Warwick did accept my application I am now faced with choosing between Warwick and Exeter as a CF whilst keeping Newcastle as my UI. I don’t want to take the risk with having Exeter as CI as I fear clearing will be kicking down my door.

I love both Unis and I need to come to a conclusion. Which do you think I should go with? Can you lay me some pros and cons of each uni?

Harry
Shimo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would say have a look at whether Newcastle went into clearing or not last year and whether Warwick and Exeter allow you to be a grade or two under. I put Nottingham as my insurance with the same grade requirement as my firm because I know that they often let you in if you're a bit under.
HarrySayer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Shimo)
I would say have a look at whether Newcastle went into clearing or not last year and whether Warwick and Exeter allow you to be a grade or two under. I put Nottingham as my insurance with the same grade requirement as my firm because I know that they often let you in if you're a bit under.
I’ve read that Warwick has no leniency with grades and specifically want A*AA. My offer with Exeter requires AAB (since I do maths) but I can get one grade lower in one subject if it is my firm choice. My only concern is not hitting A*AA and going Newcastle (which I don’t mind but much prefer Exeter and Warwick).
Shimo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HarrySayer)
I’ve read that Warwick has no leniency with grades and specifically want A*AA. My offer with Exeter requires AAB (since I do maths) but I can get one grade lower in one subject if it is my firm choice. My only concern is not hitting A*AA and going Newcastle (which I don’t mind but much prefer Exeter and Warwick).
Those grades are quite far apart so I'd say it's worth putting Exeter as insurance
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (44)
5.8%
Uncertainty around my education (88)
11.61%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (80)
10.55%
Lack of purpose or motivation (97)
12.8%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.15%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (43)
5.67%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (82)
10.82%
Financial worries (51)
6.73%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.22%
Exposure to negative news/social media (47)
6.2%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.17%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (72)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (59)
7.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise