The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
WoWZa
That's awesome. Do you have one of those sexy and posh accents too?

Not sure what you consider sexy/posh but I am well spoken.
I wouldn't mind wearing some of the clothes occasionally but the attitude would make me go insane.
Reply 82
I was going to ask what RAH meant as I kept seeing it around the site. It was not part of my generation you see :p:
Reply 83
Tory Dan
And there is nothing wrong with this look at all, all the people against this are probably just sitting in their maisonettes drinking Lambrini in their Umbro tracky bottoms.

Yuck. :wink:
funkypish
I quite like this time of year. All the rars are in Africa getting their compulsory photoshoot with the starving children to show to prospective employers, it means they're finally in weather that suits flip flops and giant sun glasses, and I don't have to hear them say yah anymore... everybodies happy.

I actually lol'ed !:biggrin:
Reply 85
Rosaaa
Not sure what you consider sexy/posh but I am well spoken.

Cool.
I have bucket loads of Ralph Lauren clothes and stripey shirts because I like that kind of conservative dress, and I think Rah can look good at times but too much of it looks tacky, if you look unmistakably like a rah its not good, at all. Cable knit jumpers were the best item of clothing ever invented but jogging bottoms and some of the horrible tackier stuff from abercrombie are just not nice, its lonsdale with a different name.
Reply 87
Tory Dan
I love rah, I can only see the common, working class and poor not liking it.

Haha, you sound ridiculously like a guy I know..you look rather like him too.
Reply 88
Rosaaa
What is this attitude thing everyone keeps talking about?

I'm sure you'll all class me as a Rah, but I don't have a bad attitude.

You really should stop going on about being rah now..
Reply 89
i wanna sleep with a rah
Reply 90
StotheL
You really should stop going on about being rah now..

Oh sorry, I thought this was a thread about rah?
I was only responding to what people were saying.
There was none of this rah business at school, and when I went to Uni this year some people mentioned it.

Only joining in the debate! :s-smilie:
Why can't people just dress smartly and not try to be a 'rich ********' lol.
Reply 92
prospectivEEconomist
Why can't people just dress smartly and not try to be a 'rich ********' lol.

Because of jealousy probably?

I reckon so anyways.
Rosaaa
Because of jealousy probably?

I reckon so anyways.

Thats exactly what I think as well. I really don't see what the problem is, if someone chooses to spend a lot of money on clothes then let them.
Reply 94
StotheL
Haha, you sound ridiculously like a guy I know..you look rather like him too.

Jolly good, was that a complement or a poorly structured insult?
Reply 95
I think it is fine as well but some rahs will seperate themself from others who arn't wearing Ralph Lauren, Jack Wills, etc. This snobby stuck up attitude pisses me off.
Reply 96
dancingshoes10
Thats exactly what I think as well. I really don't see what the problem is, if someone chooses to spend a lot of money on clothes then let them.

That's not my problem with the look because honestly, I spend an awful lot of money on my clothes too.
My problem is that everyone looks the same. If you have a lot of money, then there is a lot more choice. I don't understand why you would choose to wear oversized sunglasses and scarves just like everyone else, and have ridiculous hair :s-smilie:
dancingshoes10

...and you can also buy cheaper priced 'smart' clothes and dress smartly...
What is primani? I just meant the normal shops like zara/mossimo dutti/gap etc.
I like the look, and I love the massive hair!

All the rich "stuck up" people I've met have all been really sweet, lovely people.

Latest