The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Tory Dan
You look very rah to me, do you horseride, can you pluck a pheasant? If so you will make a fine wife.

Of course I can horse ride.

I don't pluck pheasants though I'm afraid, leave the dirty work to the men. :wink:
Rosaaa
Of course I can horse ride.

I don't pluck pheasants though I'm afraid, leave the dirty work to the men. :wink:

Jolly good!
RAH girls are quite hot generally, I guess its down to good breeding
Jack Wills needs to be destroyed.
I swear to Christ, the "rah" look consists of pyjamas and hair that looks like a nest.
Also; wearing an oversized hoodie is no excuse not to wear a skirt.
Jesus, have some pride.
x
Its the hoodies that do it for me, ****in luv me some rah
Tory Dan
You look very rah to me, do you horseride, can you pluck a pheasant? If so you will make a fine wife.

Real rahs have other people pluck their pheasants, fool.
Reply 126
Tory Dan
Jolly good!

Thanks for the rep :smile:
Reply 127
I don't understand why this look gets people so angry?!

Perhaps it's not as omnipresent in my uni as some others but really the rah look isn't particularly offensive - it can be bland and the lads doing it are all 'estuary' wideboys to a man but at the end of the day they are less scruffy than most students. It doesn't really matter what style you dress a pretty girl in at the end of the day, beauty shines through and dispite not fitting with my usual look, that preppy stuff can be quite cute.

Granted they aren't as sharp as disciples of the three stripes, but then who is?!
Reply 128
Tory Dan
You look very rah to me, do you horseride, can you pluck a pheasant? .

I can do both of these things :biggrin:

Quite like a bit of plucking, but gutting a pheasant is not as fun!
Tory Dan
can you pluck a pheasant?

No, no, no! That's the job of the servants, fool! :p:

Can shoot them, though.
Reply 130
I don't understand why people so rich would wear such scruffy looking clothing
Reply 131
i love rah girls, and i even like the way rah guys dress. however, the guys always have this smug look, and their cheeks are always so ****ing red, idiotic grin, and a bit too much chub on their face, and just generally, REALLY goofy and gay, i just wanna knock the **** out of them.
Reply 132
Tory Dan

Pluck a pheasant? At the risk of sounding old fashioned, plucking pheasants is not something a 'lady' should do. This may sound ridiculous, but Sex and the City fashionistas over Rahs anyday. As much as I love Jack Wills I would gladly swap a scruffy old hoodie for a Gucci tote, Louboutins and Burberry Prorsum trench anyday.

Carrie and Charlotte plucking pheasants? I think not! :wink:
Being from N.Ire, this is the first time I've ever heard of rahs. I see it as an English thing mainly 0.o I don't think we have many rahs here (I don't know many rich enough to be anyway) apart from some girls...but not fellas as far as I know. I'm going to get some eye opener at uni in Oct!

*edits* And to answer the question, I don't like it. Boys who dress like rich 40 year old men aren't attractive. There's plenty of time for that when they're rich and middleaged. As for the girls... that's not attractive full stop.
Reply 135
I agree. Why on earth would you wear such short shorts with uggs? Maddness. But I don't think that is the 'typical' rah look with those shorts.
Hmm yes it is. They dont just wear tracksuit bottoms.
Reply 137
I just hate the fact that *most* people who wear Jack Wills over-do it.I've got quite a few stuff from there but I wear them with different things to make it individual.The same applies to girls who dress head-to-toe in Topshop. Everyone just looks the same and quite frankly it irritates me.
Reply 138
Elondra
I just hate the fact that *most* people who wear Jack Wills over-do it.I've got quite a few stuff from there but I wear them with different things to make it individual.The same applies to girls who dress head-to-toe in Topshop. Everyone just looks the same and quite frankly it irritates me.

Ditto :yep:
I have Ralph Lauren and Abercrombie tops but I wear them with River Island jeans and trainers because head-to-toe of one make generally looks ridiculous :smile:
Reply 139
they have no dresses on that Jack Wills website

Latest