Turn on thread page Beta

What is the 'rah' look? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you like the 'rah' look?
    Yes, love it!
    52.70%
    No, hate it!
    47.30%

ReputationRep:
    Yeah shame. The whole image is a bit too casual for my liking.I would NEVER wear trackies outside my house.

ReputationRep:
    Glad to see there is a plentiful supply of rah girls, when I meant pluck a pheasant I really meant do you know how to order the servants around in the kitchen when planning grandeur dinner parties and swoires?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tory Dan)
    I want to go on a rah gap year, help starving colonials then go on safari and kill elephants for their ivory so I can have a nice mantlepiece.
    Huzzah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tory Dan)
    Glad to see there is a plentiful supply of rah girls, when I meant pluck a pheasant I really meant do you know how to order the servants around in the kitchen when planning grandeur dinner parties and swoires?
    A true rah would obviously know that you meant that.

ReputationRep:
    I really like the look. I would also love to be able to spend £150 on a pair of trousers with no problem that I can buy a £70 hoodie and £50 top to go with it. Sometimes I've considered buying something like that but then my sensible..budgeting head kicks in and I say "what if I need the money for something else later on?!? It's an awful lot of money"
    True Rah I am not :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatsjustit)
    http://www.jackwills.com/Community/G...3&galleryId=31

Lol. The 9th picture is badddd.
    i love what the person in the middle is wearing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    i love what the person in the middle is wearing
    She looks like a WAG...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosaaa)
    What's wrong with wearing uggs and shorts? Some people are too critical.
    Because it looks awful and dated. Its not 2006 anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StotheL)
    This may sound ridiculous, but Sex and the City fashionistas over Rahs anyday. As much as I love Jack Wills I would gladly swap a scruffy old hoodie for a Gucci tote, Louboutins and Burberry Prorsum trench anyday.

Carrie and Charlotte plucking pheasants? I think not!
    I completely agree. I would much rather look like a SATC girl than a Rah. (Carrie's shoe collection is to die for)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleWorld)
    I completely agree. I would much rather look like a SATC girl than a Rah. (Carrie's shoe collection is to die for)
    Exactly! There is nothing fashionable whatsoever about being a rah, now please tell me; Jimmy Choo or Uggs? I also find people seem to take me more seriously when I'm dressed properly, if I'm dressed like a rah I tend to look like a college bum that lives on daddies money. Without sounding big headed, I usually find older guys would look at me when I'm dressed as I normally would as opposed to the whole rah look, not that I'm into older guys..but still, it's just not classy, it simply oozes zilch glamour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatsjustit)
    Because it looks awful and dated. Its not 2006 anymore.
    Hahahaahahahahahahahahahha.

ReputationRep:
    I hate it
    But maybe that's due to a little jelousy
    if i had that much money i'd be able to buy the entire summer stock of primark
    =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosaaa)
    Hahahaahahahahahahahahahha.
    ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wEe_ScOtTisH_yIn)
    I like the look, and I love the massive hair!

All the rich "stuck up" people I've met have all been really sweet, lovely people.
    You live in Edinburgh too so presumably we have met a similar breed... I know a lot of people from Mary Erskine and Stuarts who are absolutely lovely, but I also have met several who are the biggest crowd of tossers I've known.

My cousin is a king amongst rahs... he's funny but gets awfully annoying after a while.

To be honest I don't see why they all want to look the same. It's the same with emos and chavs... if you don't like people labelling you then get a bit of indivuality. Although being 'individual' was annoyingly trendy for a while.

OK reading that back in me head makes me sound like a rah... my bad!

ReputationRep:
    are all rahs upper class?

Plenty are just nouveau

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueRoses)
    You live in Edinburgh too so presumably we have met a similar breed... I know a lot of people from Mary Erskine and Stuarts who are absolutely lovely, but I also have met several who are the biggest crowd of tossers I've known.

My cousin is a king amongst rahs... he's funny but gets awfully annoying after a while.

To be honest I don't see why they all want to look the same. It's the same with emos and chavs... if you don't like people labelling you then get a bit of indivuality. Although being 'individual' was annoyingly trendy for a while.

OK reading that back in me head makes me sound like a rah... my bad!
    Obviously there will be some that are stuck up, but I go to a state school myself so don't know many, but the ones that I've... conversed with(?) have been really nice.

Yeah I have three "rah" cousins, but I don't see them much.

...I still love the big hair though. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wEe_ScOtTisH_yIn)
    Obviously there will be some that are stuck up, but I go to a state school myself so don't know many, but the ones that I've... conversed with(?) have been really nice.

Yeah I have three "rah" cousins, but I don't see them much.

...I still love the big hair though. :p:
    Oh I sooo want to know what school and stuff you're at now which is highly creepy but how weird would it be if I knew you! So many people I knew on TSR from Edinburgh, it turned out I had a load of friends in common with them!

What letter does your school start with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueRoses)
    Oh I sooo want to know what school and stuff you're at now which is highly creepy but how weird would it be if I knew you! So many people I knew on TSR from Edinburgh, it turned out I had a load of friends in common with them!

What letter does your school start with?
    Well, I don't stay in the city, just in the surrounding area.
    My school starts with an 'N'.
    Can you guess? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkypish)
    I quite like this time of year. All the rars are in Africa getting their compulsory photoshoot with the starving children to show to prospective employers, it means they're finally in weather that suits flip flops and giant sun glasses, and I don't have to hear them say yah anymore... everybodies happy.
    Hey! I'm going Ethiopia next year to help build a school
    I'm no where near a 'rah' though. Quite the opposite actually!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.