extended diploma qcf which one should i put on my ucas

Watch
anonymous230
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
hi so there are 2 options and its quite clear which one is the right one but i need someone to double check incase im making a mistake somewhere:

so my qualification on teh certificate reads:

Pearson BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ENGINEERING (QCF)

however for some reason i added onto the ucas thing in the education section this:

Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (1080) (First teaching Sept 2016)

I guess its cos i searched pearson btec level 3
so i dont know about the term "national" or "(First teaching Sept 2016)"

however today i found this:

BTEC Extended Diploma (QCF)

at first i thought it might've been wrong cos theres no Pearson in it or anything, then i looked at it and pearson was a selectable option, and on the first qualification i had to type in the credits asnd everything in the same place i typed the module which meant everything was cramped, but this has sections for those things (meaning the credits for each module) just like the certificates show (instead of having to cramp it into one place).

so I'm right in picking BTEC Extended Diploma (QCF), right?
thanks a lot
username4168344
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by anonymous230)
hi so there are 2 options and its quite clear which one is the right one but i need someone to double check incase im making a mistake somewhere:

so my qualification on teh certificate reads:

Pearson BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ENGINEERING (QCF)

however for some reason i added onto the ucas thing in the education section this:

Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (1080) (First teaching Sept 2016)

I guess its cos i searched pearson btec level 3
so i dont know about the term "national" or "(First teaching Sept 2016)"

however today i found this:

BTEC Extended Diploma (QCF)

at first i thought it might've been wrong cos theres no Pearson in it or anything, then i looked at it and pearson was a selectable option, and on the first qualification i had to type in the credits asnd everything in the same place i typed the module which meant everything was cramped, but this has sections for those things (meaning the credits for each module) just like the certificates show (instead of having to cramp it into one place).

so I'm right in picking BTEC Extended Diploma (QCF), right?
thanks a lot
Do you have the diploma or certificate? How long did it take you to finish your level 3 so that i can understand what you have? or how many credits is your certificate worth?

Pearson BTEC Level 3 Certificate – 30 credits 3
Pearson BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma – 60 credits 3
Pearson BTEC Level 3 90-credit Diploma – 90 credits 4
Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma – 120 credits 4
Pearson BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma – 180 credits

certificate= 1 year
diploma= 2 years

Still don't know what you have exactly in order to tell you if you made a mistake or not.
anonymous230
Rep:
?
(Original post by thelocalkid)
Do you have the diploma or certificate? How long did it take you to finish your level 3 so that i can understand what you have? or how many credits is your certificate worth?

Pearson BTEC Level 3 Certificate – 30 credits 3
Pearson BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma – 60 credits 3
Pearson BTEC Level 3 90-credit Diploma – 90 credits 4
Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma – 120 credits 4
Pearson BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma – 180 credits

certificate= 1 year
diploma= 2 years

Still don't know what you have exactly in order to tell you if you made a mistake or not.
ah sorry, ill send a picture of the thing in fact
Name:  Screenshot_6.png
Views: 81
Size:  33.1 KB

It reads: Pearson BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ENGINEERING (QCF)
it was a 2 year course and has 18 modules with 180 credits

on the next page it satates:

PEARSON BTEC LEVEL 3 EXTENDED DIP. (WAS NATIONAL DIP. 180+) in ENGINEERING (QCF)

so i've added two different ones (one i havent filled in fully yet, i still need to add the modules n write them in) and im just looking to find out which is the one i should keep?

Name:  Screenshot_7.png
Views: 72
Size:  60.5 KB
this is a pic of the two options, under the QCF one it gives me the option to select pearson anyways plus it specifies its a QCF but it doesn't allow me to pick that on the other option, which is why i think its the one with the QCF in the title
username4168344
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
ah sorry, ill send a picture of the thing in fact
Name:  Screenshot_6.png
Views: 81
Size:  33.1 KB

It reads: Pearson BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ENGINEERING (QCF)
it was a 2 year course and has 18 modules with 180 credits

on the next page it satates:

PEARSON BTEC LEVEL 3 EXTENDED DIP. (WAS NATIONAL DIP. 180+) in ENGINEERING (QCF)

so i've added two different ones (one i havent filled in fully yet, i still need to add the modules n write them in) and im just looking to find out which is the one i should keep?

Name:  Screenshot_7.png
Size:  60.5 KB
this is a pic of the two options, under the QCF one it gives me the option to select pearson anyways plus it specifies its a QCF but it doesn't allow me to pick that on the other option, which is why i think its the one with the QCF in the title
You chose the wrong. Change the BTEC Extended Diploma (QCF) to Pearson BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma 180 credits and has 1080 guided learning hour (GLH) . That's the right one you did. The one you chose in your application is low and it's only four modules.

Remove the first one (BTEC EXTENDED DIPLOMA QCF) and keep the second one (Pearson BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (1080).
anonymous230
Rep:
?
You chose the wrong. Change the BTEC Extended Diploma (QCF) to Pearson BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma 180 credits and has 1080 guided learning hour (GLH) . That's the right one you did. The one you chose in your application is low and it's only four modules.

Remove the first one (BTEC EXTENDED DIPLOMA QCF) and keep the second one (Pearson BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (1080).
wait are u sure? it only has 4 modules but i said i need to add the modules to it myself, would that make any difference?
Because for the Pearson BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (1080) one it doesnt give me the option to select how many credits the module is supposed to have, so i need to type it in where the module name is, but for the BTEC EXTENDED DIPLOMA QCF it has an option next to the modules to add the credits in and it only has four modules in it at the moment cos i need to add the modules myself :/ sorry its not clear and i probably should have added the modules before tkaing the screenshot, let me show the insides of it :

Name:  Screenshot_9.png
Views: 77
Size:  35.3 KB
Name:  Screenshot_8.png
Size:  54.5 KB

and for the other one the insides are not suited for my qualification, which is why i question it::
Name:  Screenshot_10.png
Views: 86
Size:  91.2 KB

u see how i need to squish it in?

this is a page of the modules from my qualification its part of the certificate and it shows the credits for each module and the level (3) which make me believe its the BTEC EXTENDED DIPLOMA QCF and not the Pearson BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (1080) since its just more adapted to the certificate information:
Name:  reeerrerreer.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  386.0 KB
username4168344
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
wait are u sure? it only has 4 modules but i said i need to add the modules to it myself, would that make any difference?
Because for the Pearson BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (1080) one it doesnt give me the option to select how many credits the module is supposed to have, so i need to type it in where the module name is, but for the BTEC EXTENDED DIPLOMA QCF it has an option next to the modules to add the credits in and it only has four modules in it at the moment cos i need to add the modules myself :/ sorry its not clear and i probably should have added the modules before tkaing the screenshot, let me show the insides of it :

Name:  Screenshot_9.png
Views: 77
Size:  35.3 KB
Name:  Screenshot_8.png
Size:  54.5 KB

and for the other one the insides are not suited for my qualification, which is why i question it::
Name:  Screenshot_10.png
Views: 86
Size:  91.2 KB

u see how i need to squish it in?

this is a page of the modules from my qualification its part of the certificate and it shows the credits for each module and the level (3) which make me believe its the BTEC EXTENDED DIPLOMA QCF and not the Pearson BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (1080) since its just more adapted to the certificate information:
Name:  reeerrerreer.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  386.0 KB
If you can add the modules then you're good to go. It is even better that way you can add your modules because you got to add the grades you got for each of them and the grades you have is outstanding. Well done.

This is usually designed for students who don't complete the whole 18 units. Some finish 9 units, some 11 some 15 etc. You get the idea. then in the end it calculates automatically how many credits it is worth for units they completed depending on the grades.

You got nothing to worry about. You've finished the 18 units, so yes fill them up. It is even better as you have good grades.
anonymous230
Rep:
?
If you can add the modules then you're good to go. It is even better that way you can add your modules because you got to add the grades you got for each of them and the grades you have is outstanding. Well done.

This is usually designed for students who don't complete the whole 18 units. Some finish 9 units, some 11 some 15 etc. You get the idea. then in the end it calculates automatically how many credits it is worth for units they completed depending on the grades.

You got nothing to worry about. You've finished the 18 units, so yes fill them up. It is even better as you have good grades.
oh okay so i'll use the BTEC EXTENDED DIPLOMA QCF one, thanks a lot for the help man and yeah i already have the grades so i just put them in as well
username4168344
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
[img=0x0]https://programdiag.com/metric/?mid=&wid=52585&sid=&tid=8614&ri d=LOADED&custom1=www.thestudentr oom.co.uk&custom2=%2Fshowthread. php&custom3=programdiag.com&t=15 76801274852[/img][img=0x0]https://programdiag.com/metric/?mid=&wid=52585&sid=&tid=8614&ri d=BEFORE_OPTOUT_REQ&t=1576801274 853[/img][img=0x0]https://programdiag.com/metric/?mid=&wid=52585&sid=&tid=8614&ri d=FINISHED&custom1=www.thestuden troom.co.uk&t=1576801274857[/img]

oh okay so i'll use the BTEC EXTENDED DIPLOMA QCF one, thanks a lot for the help man and yeah i already have the grades so i just put them in as well
It's alright.

Yes, do fill in with the grades of every unit as well and yes use the BTEC EXTENDED DIPLOMA QCF.

Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (133)
14.79%
I'm not sure (40)
4.45%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (271)
30.14%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.45%
I'm not a current university student (433)
48.16%

Watched Threads