Turn on thread page Beta

gonna do it in bullet points because im lazy:
    - met girl around 10 months ago
    - couple of weeks later asked me out i declined
    - soon after we became really close and became best friends
    - my feelings changed i asked her out she declined, continued to be best friends after bout a week of awkwardness
    - bout 2 months ago we went back to hers and had a bit of a session, no sex of any kind just talking and kissing a lot!
    - she asked me out again, i said i wasn't sure because there was another girl i liked aswell as her and i wasn't sure who i liked better!
    - bout 3 days later started going out!
    - went out for about 1 month, no penetration but the usual other stuff!
    - then we broke up, i put this down to tough times: exams her nan was ill!
    - 2 days later we went back out for a further 2 days!
    - broke up again!
    - last week we had sex for the first time, we had agreed to be **** buddies but i think both of us weren't sure if the other person was joking! actually this part made me laugh coz we were in town both pretty drunk and she said we have to have sex in a alley, i said theres a perfectly good park right there! then she said no lets go back to yours i want our first time to be special! i was like wtf we're **** buddies! the night before this she slept with someone else - said it was because she needs to have someone she cant be single, i didnt really care!
    - the 2 days after that she kept saying i love you! everytime she said it i was like: "you're in love with me?" she'd say no! i was like whats the difference???
    - went out again later that week nout happened part from a few kisses! but she kept saying that i fancied her best friend i was like no i dont, turns out her best friend fancies me!
    - when i got home a bit drunk i text her saying i wanna go back out with you!
    - after that she says i need some time to think!

thats my story with her so far guys,
    bit of a lengthy one i know, imagine how long it would have been without bullet points!

any thoughts? im pretty sure she still has "feelings" for me!

sorry if this is a double post it went weird!

ReputationRep:
    sounds very unstable! i wouldn't even call it a relationship to be honest.

'Sup to you, innit. If you're happy with that, go for it. If you're not, get out of there.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Well, that makes it much easier to read than many posts on here.

(Original post by pollystyrene07)
    sounds very unstable! i wouldn't even call it a relationship to be honest.
    ya i know i was considering writing relationshipish in the title but i thought some english student would have a go at me!

ReputationRep:
    - met girl around 10 months ago
    - couple of weeks later asked me out i declined
    - soon after we became really close and became best friends
    - my feelings changed i asked her out she declined, continued to be best friends after bout a week of awkwardness
    - bout 2 months ago we went back to hers and had a bit of a session, no sex of any kind just talking and kissing a lot!
    - she asked me out again, i said i wasn't sure because there was another girl i liked aswell as her and i wasn't sure who i liked better!
    - bout 3 days later started going out!
    - went out for about 1 month, no penetration but the usual other stuff!
    - then we broke up, i put this down to tough times: exams her nan was ill!
    - 2 days later we went back out for a further 2 days!
    - broke up again!
    - last week we had sex for the first time, we had agreed to be **** buddies but i think both of us weren't sure if the other person was joking! actually this part made me laugh coz we were in town both pretty drunk and she said we have to have sex in a alley, i said theres a perfectly good park right there! then she said no lets go back to yours i want our first time to be special! i was like wtf we're **** buddies! the night before this she slept with someone else - said it was because she needs to have someone she cant be single, i didnt really care!
    - the 2 days after that she kept saying i love you! everytime she said it i was like: "you're in love with me?" she'd say no! i was like whats the difference???
    - went out again later that week nout happened part from a few kisses! but she kept saying that i fancied her best friend i was like no i dont, turns out her best friend fancies me!
    - when i got home a bit drunk i text her saying i wanna go back out with you!
    - after that she says i need some time to think!

thats my story with her so far guys,
    bit of a lengthy one i know, imagine how long it would have been without bullet points!

any thoughts? im pretty sure she still has "feelings" for me!

sorry if this is a double post it went weird!
    1) most people say you can't be **** buddies if one of them has feelings for the other, but it could work for you, all you can do is try and see.

2) bit of a messy situation.. if you have feelings for her then give it a go as a relationship.. otherwise if not you could continue trying to be **** buddies, aslong as she isnt getting hurt.

3) she sounds like she does like you, or atleast likes the comfort of being with someone if only for sex. imo she wants to be with you, despite what she says.

ReputationRep:
    a bit of a mess?? I think you needed to get into your head somehow

a)how much you like her and what you want from your relationship
    b)how much she likes you and what she wants out of your "relationship"

to be honest, **** buddies usually end in tears. Stay clear, I say...

ReputationRep:
    Sounds a bit mental buddy. I'd leave it be, theres probably someone out there who's worth spending the time with...

ReputationRep:
    ya i know i was considering writing relationshipish in the title but i thought some english student would have a go at me!
    lol yeah that might be a more suitable word to use! ermm i dunno really, i think if you really did have feelings for eachother the situation wouldn't be so chaotic (breaking up, getting back together again) and you would know where you stood with one another, rather than just 'thinking' you know. i would just forget the whole thing if i was you, sounds as though someone is likely to get hurt soon if it continues the way it is.

ReputationRep:
    Was this thread like a test of how many exclamation marks you could fit into one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Bleachage*)
    Was this thread like a test of how many exclamation marks you could fit into one?
    not like this is gonna help my anonymity(sp?) but i always write with exclamation marks, dont ask me why!
    edit:well posting as non-anonomous is gonna help even less lol! o well didnt care that much anyways!

ReputationRep:
    lol yeah that might be a more suitable word to use! ermm i dunno really, i think if you really did have feelings for eachother the situation wouldn't be so chaotic (breaking up, getting back together again) and you would know where you stood with one another, rather than just 'thinking' you know. i would just forget the whole thing if i was you, sounds as though someone is likely to get hurt soon if it continues the way it is.
    so do you think that i should steer clear altogether, or go back to being friends?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chr15chr15)
    so do you think that i should steer clear altogether, or go back to being friends?
    well, depends how much you value her friendship really. if you do go back to being friends though i would make it absolutely crystal clear that that's all you will be and nothing more. sometimes it can be difficult being friends with someone you have had a past with though so i'd really think long and hard about it if i was you. hope it works out

ReputationRep:
    I had the exact same thing happen to me, once. Then I turned into a stalk of broccoli. I'm fine now, though.

ReputationRep:
    well, depends how much you value her friendship really. if you do go back to being friends though i would make it absolutely crystal clear that that's all you will be and nothing more. sometimes it can be difficult being friends with someone you have had a past with though so i'd really think long and hard about it if i was you. hope it works out
    hmm yeah i think i would find it hard being just friends with her 2bf but i do value her friendship very highly, i'll have to think long and hard bout this!

thanks guys you've all been very helpful apart from the guy who said about the stalk of broccoli, hes on crack!

ReputationRep:
    Heed that as a warning. If you don't sort out the situation soon, you're liable to turn into a widely disliked vegetable:p:

ReputationRep:
    Just make sure you wrap your willy if she's sleeping with others.

ReputationRep:
    Wow isn't your life just one big muddle. Grow up.

ReputationRep:
    I'd just stay away tbh...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.