Accenture Assessment Centre 2020 Watch

accenture
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi everyone, hope you're well. I have applied for a Consulting grad scheme that starts at Accenture next Spring. Fortunately I have been invited to the final stage - the Assessment Centre. If anyone has any insight into what the new Assessment Centres are like, I would really appreciate it. Especially a bit more information about the VR task and 1-1 interview, as these are the areas I know less about. Thanks in advance for all your help
tm20
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi accenture

I hope your assessment centre went well!

I was wondering if you could provide answers for the questions you asked in your original post? I have my AC coming up soon so would appreciate any/all advice.

Thanks in advance!
gregmason
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello everyone, I just wanted to know for the tech discussion in the assessment centre, are we supposed to talk about all the technologies under DARQ or just one technology?
accenture
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by tm20)
Hi accenture

I hope your assessment centre went well!

I was wondering if you could provide answers for the questions you asked in your original post? I have my AC coming up soon so would appreciate any/all advice.

Thanks in advance!
Hey,

I still haven’t had my AC, have it on the 21st jan.

So would still appreciate any answers!
tm20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by accenture)
Hey,

I still haven’t had my AC, have it on the 21st jan.

So would still appreciate any answers!
Hi,

I've since had my AC so can answer some of your questions:

VR: 3 scenarios - 1st one is just to get you used to the technology so isn't asssesed. 2nd one required you to process a lot of intomation and 3rd required you to solve various problems, both were timed. This is followed up by questions from the assesor. Personally I thought I messed up this part really bad but I guess my responses to the questions were good. You cant prepare for this part imo and it may be different for you.

Interview: Strength based followed by situational judgement questions. I don't think you can prepare for the particular questions but its definitely worth spending some time thinking about what your strengths are, some examples where you have used these and how they relate to the position you applied for. I don't think it would be good to use scripted answers you prepared beforehand as it would look unnnatural but do try to use examples in your questions where you can. SJ questions required you to read short scenarios and were followed up by questions from the assesor.

Tech Showcase: Easiest part of the day for me so long as you rehearsed it well and have good notes

Paired exercise: Given a small case study and have to work with your partner to see how you would approach it before presenting back to the assesor.

Additionally I would highly recommend signing up and attending the Q&A sessions for the AC and having a look at the other thread which is more active.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6037400

Good luck!
Last edited by tm20; 1 month ago
accenture
Rep:
?
(Original post by tm20)
Hi,

VR: 3 scenarios - 1st one is just to get you used to the technology so isn't asssesed. 2nd one required you to process a lot of intomation and 3rd required you to solve various problems, both were timed. This is followed up by questions from the assesor. Personally I thought I messed up this part really bad but I guess my responses to the questions were good. You cant prepare for this part imo and it may be different for you.

Interview: Strength based followed by situational judgement questions. I don't think you can prepare for the particular questions but its definitely worth spending some time thinking about what your strengths are, some examples where you have used these and how they relate to the position you applied for. I don't think it would be good to use scripted answers you prepared beforehand as it would look unnnatural but do try to use examples in your questions where you can. SJ questions required you to read short scenarios and were followed up by questions from the assesor.

Tech Showcase: Easiest part of the day for me so long as you rehearsed it well and have good notes

Paired exercise: Given a small case study and have to work with your partner to see how you would approach it before presenting back to the assesor.

Additionally I would highly recommend signing up and attending the Q&A sessions for the AC and having a look at the other thread which is more active.

Good luck!
Hi tm20,

Thanks so much for all the info, much appreciated! Hoping that your AC went well enough for them to offer you a role! When is it that you have applied to start?

Would it be helpful doing some logical reasoning questions for the VR assessment do you think, to get in the right frame of mind? Or is it pretty impossible to prepare for?

Do you think best way to prepare for the AC would be making sure your presentation is polished and reading up as much as poss on Accenture through their website, blogs etc?

Many thanks,

Hopefully see you at Accenture 😉
tm20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey thank you for the kind words I did manage to pass my AC (they got back to me on the same day funilly enough) but still have a technical interview to do . If succesful I'll be starting in October but I have graduated already so might start earlier if they need.

Personally I did zero prep for the VR assessment and I managed to pass the AC. You could do some logical reasoning questions if you want but I don't think it would help tbh I can't think of anything to suggest in order to prepare for it just make sure if you feel like the VR task didnt go as well as you hoped that you don't give up!

As you've said I'd recommend focusing your efforts on researching Accenture and making sure your presentation is good. Use the company website to understand the core values and beliefs, the analyst blogs to understand whats its like to work at Accenture, read some case studies to widen your knowledge and try finding some youtube videos from Accenture too. This will all help when you answer any assessed questions on the day.

With regards to the discussion I had rehearsed mine considerably so that I was able to repeat the majority of it without having to refer back to my notes too often. This allowed me to maintain eye contact with the assessor as much as possible (whenever they weren't making notes). I also timed myself when rehearsing and was sure that I could fit everything I wanted to say within the 10 minutes without rushing and ensuring that I was articulate. That being said dont worry if you need to refer to your notes during the presentation. If you prepare well this section will feel like the easy questions on exam papers that you would refer to as 'free marks'.

What also helped me in preparing for the discussion was presenting it to a friend or family member who did not have a technical background. They usually pick up on things that you wouldnt have noticed and ask the right questions so that you can adjust your discussion for the better. Just be sure to structure your talk properly and check you are actually answering the question.

Do let me know it goes and hopefully we both are sucessful
Hi tm20,

Thanks so much for all the info, much appreciated! Hoping that your AC went well enough for them to offer you a role! When is it that you have applied to start?

Would it be helpful doing some logical reasoning questions for the VR assessment do you think, to get in the right frame of mind? Or is it pretty impossible to prepare for?

Do you think best way to prepare for the AC would be making sure your presentation is polished and reading up as much as poss on Accenture through their website, blogs etc?

Many thanks,

Hopefully see you at Accenture 😉
accenture
Rep:
?
Hi,

Thanks so much for your reply and apologies for the late reply! Just got back from holiday and had the AC yesterday!!

Congrats on getting through to the next one, all the best, I’m sure you’ll smash it.

I applied for consulting so this was the last stage for me.

I thought of things I should have said, during then VR task in particular, after the end of the assessment so I’m a bit nervous but hopefully I did enough on the day, it’s hard to tell!

My presentation went well I think, I managed to keep eye contact with the assessor whenever she looked up from making her notes and finished the presentation just before the 10 min mark. Also think I answered the questions well by giving a number of ways and examples the technology could be applied to the retail industry and all of the benefits this would bring to the company. So fingers crossed!

Hopefully see you at Accenture
gradapp2020
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tm20)
Hi,

Good luck!
I had my AC for London Consulting this week and can confirm that all the above is correct. All the assessors are really friendly and make you feel at ease throughout the day! It goes really really quickly.

My best advice would be to remain calm, think about and articulate your answers clearly and keep an eye on the time! (especially in the group/VR tasks).

The interview is all general strength-based questions that you can't really prepare for - they want to see what you enjoy and the things that come naturally to you. Remember they're not trying to catch you out so don't overthink it!

In the team task make sure you work together, support one another and make sure you're confident in expressing your ideas/opinions.

I wish everyone the best of luck!
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wtf, a Virtual Reality assessment? What is the purpose of that?!
amber11m
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 0le)
Wtf, a Virtual Reality assessment? What is the purpose of that?!
You put on a VR headset and have to perform some tasks where they assess your ability to adapt to new technology, as well as how you interpret information and deal with new situations.
0le
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by amber11m)
You put on a VR headset and have to perform some tasks where they assess your ability to adapt to new technology, as well as how you interpret information and deal with new situations.
Sounds absolutely ridiculous. Sorry but it is. VR is not even a mature technology yet. Its like asking people to do a video interview in 2005 - yes its technically possible but its not there yet. I think its a disgrace that they are asking you guys to do this.
0le
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by wokebutasleep)
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking on this thread for a few days and finally decided to create an account to ask a few questions.

A) How many other candidates can I expect there to be at the Assessment Centre?

B) The dress code is smart casual, but do all of the males tend to wear suits? (I don't want to over or under dress).

C) Are you provided with any information regarding the reclaiming of travel costs? (currently living in Northern England).

D) During the "Discussion", do you talk by yourself for 10 minutes (almost like a presentation, but not), then have the Q&A, and if so, for how long? Alternatively, will the recruiter interrupt during the talk and ask you questions throughout? (don't want the assessor throw me off my flow).

E) Does the interviewer ask you any questions about your CV? (I've got a small gap in my employment history, which is difficult to explain why).

Thank you in advance - I'll let everyone know how it goes, be it successful or not!

(I'm going to post the same questions on a similar thread, so please don't report me).

Information: Applied for Management Consulting, London, 2020. AC on January, 30th at (9:00 AM) | BSc and MSc from UoM
A) Not sure.
B) Don't go to any assessment centre without wearing a suit. Common sense really unless its explicitly stated otherwise on the email. Always overdress rather than underdress.
C) The company will always provide information about this in an email or you can email the recruitment email address which is normally given in the email address.
D) If it is a presentation, then yes, they will likely ask you questions, why wouldn't they?
E) Regarding the first part of the question, yes of course, and they may ask you questions about when you have demonstrated a certain skill. This is very basic standard interview questions. You really need to do some homework if you are asking a question like this, sorry to be harsh but yeah, come on man, of course they could ask to expand your CV or some skill you mentioned.... Regarding the second part of the question, specifically the gap in your employment history that is a fair question. Just be honest about it. If you struggled during that time, explain you struggled and that you have learned from it.
gregmason
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tm20)
Hey thank you for the kind words I did manage to pass my AC (they got back to me on the same day funilly enough) but still have a technical interview to do . If succesful I'll be starting in October but I have graduated already so might start earlier if they need.

Personally I did zero prep for the VR assessment and I managed to pass the AC. You could do some logical reasoning questions if you want but I don't think it would help tbh I can't think of anything to suggest in order to prepare for it just make sure if you feel like the VR task didnt go as well as you hoped that you don't give up!

As you've said I'd recommend focusing your efforts on researching Accenture and making sure your presentation is good. Use the company website to understand the core values and beliefs, the analyst blogs to understand whats its like to work at Accenture, read some case studies to widen your knowledge and try finding some youtube videos from Accenture too. This will all help when you answer any assessed questions on the day.

With regards to the discussion I had rehearsed mine considerably so that I was able to repeat the majority of it without having to refer back to my notes too often. This allowed me to maintain eye contact with the assessor as much as possible (whenever they weren't making notes). I also timed myself when rehearsing and was sure that I could fit everything I wanted to say within the 10 minutes without rushing and ensuring that I was articulate. That being said dont worry if you need to refer to your notes during the presentation. If you prepare well this section will feel like the easy questions on exam papers that you would refer to as 'free marks'.

What also helped me in preparing for the discussion was presenting it to a friend or family member who did not have a technical background. They usually pick up on things that you wouldnt have noticed and ask the right questions so that you can adjust your discussion for the better. Just be sure to structure your talk properly and check you are actually answering the question.

Do let me know it goes and hopefully we both are sucessful
Hi, what role were you given an offer for ?
tm20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by gregmason)
Hi, what role were you given an offer for ?
Hi, I applied for the Analytics scheme but it has a technical interview after the AC so I need to pass that to get an offer.
tm20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,

Thanks so much for your reply and apologies for the late reply! Just got back from holiday and had the AC yesterday!!

Congrats on getting through to the next one, all the best, I’m sure you’ll smash it.

I applied for consulting so this was the last stage for me.

I thought of things I should have said, during then VR task in particular, after the end of the assessment so I’m a bit nervous but hopefully I did enough on the day, it’s hard to tell!

My presentation went well I think, I managed to keep eye contact with the assessor whenever she looked up from making her notes and finished the presentation just before the 10 min mark. Also think I answered the questions well by giving a number of ways and examples the technology could be applied to the retail industry and all of the benefits this would bring to the company. So fingers crossed!

Hopefully see you at Accenture
Hey!

No worries I just had the technical interview yesterday I think it went okay but at the same time I couldn't really judge how the managers found my answers. Same here, on my way back after the technical interview I kept remembering things I should of said but it is what is.

I think I'll get an outcome by next friday so will let you know how it goes and yes hopefully we're both at Accenture soon
gradapp2020
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How do we claim for expenses? They said they’d give out forms at the AC but never did?
accenture
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tm20)
Hey!

No worries I just had the technical interview yesterday I think it went okay but at the same time I couldn't really judge how the managers found my answers. Same here, on my way back after the technical interview I kept remembering things I should of said but it is what is.

I think I'll get an outcome by next friday so will let you know how it goes and yes hopefully we're both at Accenture soon
Best of luck mate, hope we both get offers. I had my AC on Tuesday and still waiting to hear from them. I imagine I’ll hear the outcome this coming week
tm20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Best of luck mate, hope we both get offers. I had my AC on Tuesday and still waiting to hear from them. I imagine I’ll hear the outcome this coming week
Just got my offer today!!! Start date is Feb 2021 but I'm on waiting list for Oct 2020. All the best mate lmk if you get one too!!
accenture
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tm20)
Just got my offer today!!! Start date is Feb 2021 but I'm on waiting list for Oct 2020. All the best mate lmk if you get one too!!
Amazing news, massive congrats mate! Really happy for you. Unfortunately I found out on Monday that I didn’t get the offer, fell short on the AC 😔 I messaged them on Monday for feedback so I know what to work on but they haven’t replied yet
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (431)
58.64%
Yes- I don't like it (40)
5.44%
No- I want it (214)
29.12%
No- I don't want it (50)
6.8%

Watched Threads