The Student Room Group

Lancaster vs Reading

Hi, I have an offer from Lancaster for ABB, or BBB if I firm them, for Environmental science. I am also awaiting an offer from Reading for Physics if the environment and I am struggling with deciding between the two. My predicted are currently BBBB and the entry requirements for Reading will be the same as Lancaster. As a university I definitely prefer Lancaster I love the community spirit and the whole atmosphere around campus. However I prefer the course offered at Reading but am not sure about how the uni is regarded by potential employers. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by CaribbeanScholar
Hi, I have an offer from Lancaster for ABB, or BBB if I firm them, for Environmental science. I am also awaiting an offer from Reading for Physics if the environment and I am struggling with deciding between the two. My predicted are currently BBBB and the entry requirements for Reading will be the same as Lancaster. As a university I definitely prefer Lancaster I love the community spirit and the whole atmosphere around campus. However I prefer the course offered at Reading but am not sure about how the uni is regarded by potential employers. Any help is greatly appreciated.

First of all, congrats on your offers! Picking a uni can be tough, and I've certainly found it difficult too. I would always go for the course, but if you feel as you'd be happier in Lancaster then go there. It might be worth checking discover uni for Reading, as i know Grad prospects are really high at Lancaster. Have you been to open days for both? Which uni feels more like you? Remember you'll be there for at least 3 years. At the end of the day, go with your heart. :smile:

I've had trouble between Lancaster and Durham, but have decided on Lancaster for Earth and Env Sci, so you never know, I might even see you in Lancaster!
Hope this helps
Reply 2
Original post by Nath1603
First of all, congrats on your offers! Picking a uni can be tough, and I've certainly found it difficult too. I would always go for the course, but if you feel as you'd be happier in Lancaster then go there. It might be worth checking discover uni for Reading, as i know Grad prospects are really high at Lancaster. Have you been to open days for both? Which uni feels more like you? Remember you'll be there for at least 3 years. At the end of the day, go with your heart. :smile:

I've had trouble between Lancaster and Durham, but have decided on Lancaster for Earth and Env Sci, so you never know, I might even see you in Lancaster!
Hope this helps

u on any of the group chats?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending