Want more information about this university?
Dan192
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I'm looking into selecting University of Kent as one of my options for Computer Science BSc.

However, I was hoping to speak to someone who is currently studying the course at the University just to ask some questions Image

I've taken a look at this website (https://university.which.co.uk/unive...0-cd575ea72b15) and the overall satisfaction from students about the course seems to be low
Last edited by Dan192; 1 year ago
StudentRep Medway
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dan192)
Hi,

I'm looking into selecting University of Kent as one of my options for Computer Science BSc.

However, I was hoping to speak to someone who is currently studying the course at the University just to ask some questions Image

I've taken a look at this website (https://university.which.co.uk/unive...0-cd575ea72b15) and the overall satisfaction from students about the course seems to be low
Hi there!

So pleased to hear you're considering applying to the University of Kent
I'm currently in my final year at Kent, although I don't study Computer Science unfortunately! But if you have any questions about student life at Kent, then I'm more than happy to help answer them

You can get in contact with a current computer science student at Kent though, via our Unibuddy scheme You can ask them any questions you have about the course so you should be able to get more of an idea of what it is like to study computer science at Kent. I'll leave the link here.

I hope this helps
Dan192
Rep:
?
(Original post by StudentRep Annabel)
Hi there!

So pleased to hear you're considering applying to the University of Kent
I'm currently in my final year at Kent, although I don't study Computer Science unfortunately! But if you have any questions about student life at Kent, then I'm more than happy to help answer them

You can get in contact with a current computer science student at Kent though, via our Unibuddy scheme You can ask them any questions you have about the course so you should be able to get more of an idea of what it is like to study computer science at Kent. I'll leave the link here.

I hope this helps
Hi,

Thanks for the response!

I can't seem to find anyone that is currently studying Computer Science. Do I have to sign up to get a list of more people to talk to?
StudentRep Medway
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dan192)
Hi,

Thanks for the response!

I can't seem to find anyone that is currently studying Computer Science. Do I have to sign up to get a list of more people to talk to?
Ah I'm sorry about that! It's quite unusual that there is no one on there for computer science as it is a large course here. I don't believe that signing up will produce any more results than what are already listed I'm afraid. Really sorry about that!
It could be worth checking back on the Unibuddy link in the New Year if you have time, as they may recruit more students for it then as I can see there isn't a great diversity on there currently.
In the meantime, it's likely that someone studying computer science at Kent will see and reply to this thread, so you should be able to get some answers soon
If you have any questions about the course structure/content then you can always contact the School of Computing.
Sorry again that the link wasn't useful!
Dan192
Rep:
?
(Original post by StudentRep Annabel)
Ah I'm sorry about that! It's quite unusual that there is no one on there for computer science as it is a large course here. I don't believe that signing up will produce any more results than what are already listed I'm afraid. Really sorry about that!
It could be worth checking back on the Unibuddy link in the New Year if you have time, as they may recruit more students for it then as I can see there isn't a great diversity on there currently.
In the meantime, it's likely that someone studying computer science at Kent will see and reply to this thread, so you should be able to get some answers soon
If you have any questions about the course structure/content then you can always contact the School of Computing.
Sorry again that the link wasn't useful!
No worries, thanks for the help either way!

Hopefully someone will reply
Dan192
Rep:
?
bump
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (177)
58.8%
I don't have everything I need (124)
41.2%

Watched Threads