The Student Room Group

Abusive father?

Since childhood, he's always been abusing us and treating us horribly. When I was younger, he would beat me whenever I took my mom's side in the fights.

That time I was scared and submissive so I took the beatings but gradually the anger and abuse turned into hatred which made me extremely aggressive and rebellious.
I began to argue back and had even hit my father . Which I regretted but each time he fights, I start to lose the regret.

Over the years, he has intentionally destroyed pur birthdays by picking fights and ruins every special occasion by starting fights.
He keeps making derogatory personal comments at me, my mom and my brother and starts fights by attacking us verbally when he doesnt get his way.

He fights for the smallest things. Like if I ask him to not watch TV in my room, he will start a fight and abuse my mom and me. He does the same with my brother and calls him names behind his back. He also calls us names. He's even called my mom a prostitute and keeps calling me unsuccessful, idiot, failure etc.

I'm currently studying at a UK university and he keeps saying that it's because of his money I'm able to study at UK and I should be obliged for that.

Honestly,I have so much anger against him that I feel like doing something to myself or him.
What do I do? I'm 28. My brother is 22.
This is what you need to do in my opinion:
1. Pass your qualifications at university with the best grades possible.
2. Get a good paying job or at least one that could support you and someone else.
3. Find a new place and let your brother live with you.
4. Once you built enough money/evidence pursue legal action.
5. Hopefully your abusive father will get what he deserves in the courts.

DO NOT TRY AND START A FIGHT WITH YOUR FATHER WHATEVER HAPPENS! ALWAYS BE THE CALM, REASONABLE ONE!

Quick Reply