Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Sort of like the thick, unkempt hair look that probs takes ages to do even if it doesn't look it :p:

How do I get it? Like, what products & things to use??

ReputationRep:
    Lots of clip in extensions, lots of hairspray and lots of backcombing. It also helps to have a mullet cut so you really get the 'rah' feeling to it. lol.

ReputationRep:
    Backcomb it and use lots of hairspray. Tipping you hair upside down and spraying with hair spray helps too.

ReputationRep:
    Yep yep, what the others have said - back comb! Also try a little wax/volumising cream to hold it. Just rub it through your hands and scruff up your hair, then put it into place! It works well if you have layers too, as you can plump(?) up the layers!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure how to get it artificially (as in hairspray, wax, etc) but I find that when I use a moisturising shampoo and conditioner, plus shampooing twice when washing my hair, I get great volume.

ReputationRep:
    i just get out of bed in the morning and kapow i have a wild mane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegoodkind)
    Sort of like the thick, unkempt hair look that probs takes ages to do even if it doesn't look it :p:

How do I get it? Like, what products & things to use??
    By the way, is your username from a song by The Wreckers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bexxxx)
    Yep yep, what the others have said - back comb! Also try a little wax/volumising cream to hold it. Just rub it through your hands and scruff up your hair, then put it into place! It works well if you have layers too, as you can plump(?) up the layers!
    Oooh do you know of any good volumising creams to use??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chevina)
    I'm not sure how to get it artificially (as in hairspray, wax, etc) but I find that when I use a moisturising shampoo and conditioner, plus shampooing twice when washing my hair, I get great volume.
    Ahh cool. What shampoo do you recommend, if you don't mind me asking :rolleyes:

(Original post by chevina)
    By the way, is your username from a song by The Wreckers?
    Yeh, it is haha. I loveeeee that song! Rare to find someone who knows it though :p:

ReputationRep:
    I backcombed once... I got dreadlocks

then it just got matted.... I should really take more care of my hair!

3 years and counting without a hairdresser :p:

ReputationRep:
    Volumising shampoo is great (like Aussi Care). I use a lot of Bedhead products, try the volume hair spray in a pink bottle as it is amazing for volume and gives you the messed up look, it also smells great.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh do you know of any good volumising creams to use??
    I use "Messed Up" by Lee Stafford, its pretty good and smells nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StotheL)
    Volumising shampoo is great (like Aussi Care). I use a lot of Bedhead products, try the volume hair spray in a pink bottle as it is amazing for volume and gives you the messed up look, it also smells great.
    Yeh, I saw that bedhead spray the other day, but was unsure whether to buy it or not. I take it that it doesn't make your hair greasy or anything?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh cool. What shampoo do you recommend, if you don't mind me asking :rolleyes:
    I like anything from Tresemmé, their hydrating shampoo with vitamin E is great.

Yeh, it is haha. I loveeeee that song! Rare to find someone who knows it though :p:
    Yep, the song rocks

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I saw that bedhead spray the other day, but was unsure whether to buy it or not. I take it that it doesn't make your hair greasy or anything?
    Nope, it really does work wonders! Also, remember to spray it on your hair when it's dried and you've finished styling it..for some reason a lot of people try to use it when their hair is wet and then it doesn't work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piglet29)
    i just get out of bed in the morning and kapow i have a wild mane.
    same

but im getting my mane cut off soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StotheL)
    I use a lot of Bedhead products, try the volume hair spray in a pink bottle as it is amazing for volume and gives you the messed up look, it also smells great.
    Is this the one you mean?

http://www.asos.com/Tigi-Bed-Head/Ti...&clr=Pink&sh=0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    same

but im getting my mane cut off soon
    maaan i really should get mine cut but i really can't face the idea of having short hair =(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jellybean2000)

I think she means this...

http://www.lookfantastic.com/hair/ti...hairspray.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jellybean2000)

Nope, this one:

http://www.richardjohn.co.uk/superst...ay-details.htm

I also recommend:

http://www.richardjohn.co.uk/tigi-be...volumisers.htm

Any of those products ^ I love Bedhead!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.