Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so about half an hour ago, I was cleaning the kitchen for my mum like a good daughter :p: , before she gets home from work and the doorbell rings (btw, I am home alone).

I was in my pjs, no make up and unwashed hair, so I decided I wouldn't go to the door. I'm expecting friends at about 5, so I knew it wouldn't be them yet, and I knew if it was anyone else for me, they would have rang/texted beforehand to make sure I was in. I carried on cleaning, and my dog was barking crazily at the door, and the person kept ringing and ringing. I was trying to think who on earth it could be. If it was one of my good friends, they'd ring me and be like.. "COME TO THE DOOR YOU IDIOT" or words to that effect lol. They even started banging the letter box. My dog was going CRAZY like really snarling. So I decided I really wouldn't go to the door. I figured if it was important the person would call me.

Anyway, I came out of the kitchen and could see out of the living room window that there was a strange car parked outside the house. This was at about 4 oclock. The engine was running. I didn't recognise the car at all. I then went in the shower, cos I have to get ready for my friends. When I come out the shower, the car is still there. It's now 40 minutes and the car is still parked there, and from the gap in the blinds (lol) I can make out that someone is sat in it.

I'm really hoping the strange doorbell ringing and this strange car aren't linked. I'm really creeped out. When I'm home alone things like this worry me. I'm sat on my living floor, because I don't want this person to see me through the window. aaarrrghhh. hahaha. :rolleyes:

I can't work out why someone would sit outside my house for 40 minutes and why someone would ring my doorbell so frantically when they aren't expected and it's the middle of the afternoon. Arrgh.

Has anyone else had experiences like this? Can anyone calm me down? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised I can connect to your internet from here.

ReputationRep:
    ring your mum and tell her you're worried?

ReputationRep:
    Ring someone to come over or something?

ReputationRep:
    yup! im home alone alot so little things freak me out! just go to the window and stare at the person and see if they get nervous and they might just drive off... or if your brave enough go out and knock on the car window and say is there anything wrong lol

ReputationRep:
    Call the police.......just state that your a girl, home alone, strange man possibly banging on your door and now waiting outside your house/flat....I'm sure it won't take them long to come over..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsphyxiateD)
    Jeez. Your sig scared me. o_o;

Anyway. Text your friends, tell them to come along, and then leave the house with them. You'll be a lot safer then, and if the person in the car comes out, chances are that he's a 'good' guy...

It could be something very important and they don't have your number. E.g. your parents are dead.

ReputationRep:
    if you do ring the police tell us how it went! lol but i think you should let this person know your ringing someone by standing near the window almost like threatning them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsphyxiateD)
    ******* hell! How does your sig work?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone, I'm just waiting for my friends to turn up now. Luckily my mum will be back not long after, cos I'm scared of leaving my house unattended now haha cos I'm going out with my friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rangers_mad)
    Call the police.......just state that your a girl, home alone, strange man possibly banging on your door and now waiting outside your house/flat....I'm sure it won't take them long to come over..
    I would hardly do that. The car might be totally random and waiting for someone across the street or something. But that banging on the door would have been ****ing scary lol.

ReputationRep:
    Go and see who it is. If you're not back online in 20 minutes a concerned TSRer will call the filth

ReputationRep:
    Got any big strong neighbours you can ask to investigate?!

ReputationRep:
    This is my worst nightmare as I am always home alone-yikes!

But I have cameras as a bit of security to see who's outside and your bit of security is your dog which I don't have but I hope if I did they'd bite an intruders *** off:o:D

ReputationRep:
    Shout from a 1st floor window?

ReputationRep:
    Let us know how it goeth, child. Remember, smiting a sinner is a worthy crime.

ReputationRep:
    Just wait for your friends to come. When whoever it is sees you open the door, they will probably come over if it's something important.

ReputationRep:
    The banging was probably :

a) delivery/postman
    b) meter reader
    c) salesman
    d) jehovas witness

the car is probably nothing to do with the banging

BUT I could be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheesyBeans)
    Just wait for your friends to come. When whoever it is sees you open the door, they will probably come over if it's something important.
    If the sinner in the car has an AK47, he could spray bullets across the petty bodies of her AND her friends.

Nay, thou shalt find a Holy Hammer and smite him for he is a sinner.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.