Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just looking for general opinions really. I'm not very good with clothes but I have some primarck shorts like this (socks definitely pulled down!) and a pink strappy top like this.

Yeah it probably would have been easier to take a picture of me wearing it which I may do later, but what are general thoughts on this? Would I need long hair/loads of makeup to pull it off? What would you think if you saw a girl wearing that?

ReputationRep:
    I'd think it was slightly boy-ish but otherwise, I like people who just wear what they want, and no, I dont think it would take a lot of make up, just look at Avril Lavigne in her early days

ReputationRep:
    I think its a decent outfit.

ReputationRep:
    the shorts would make you look like a tomboy but yeah the top thats alright

depends if your a tomboy them yeah but if your really girlly then nah

ReputationRep:
    I would automatically think she'd been listening to Sk8r Boi too many times. It's a very dated look I think...

ReputationRep:
    I think it's fine, I love wearing boy-ey clothes, they're so much more comfortable.

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be fine

ReputationRep:
    I've seen a fair few girls wearing that today

Looks fine

ReputationRep:
    It might look slightly tomboyish but you could easily pull it off. There'd be no need to pile the makeup on really. I think it could be pretty cool. It'll be easier to say if you post a pic of yourself wearing them.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed a very tomboy look. Reminds me of Avril Lavigne.

ReputationRep:
    shorts like that are good to cycle in so they're pretty much all i wear.. i love them.

ReputationRep:
    awesome thanks guys. I do skate but not really a big fan of fakers like avril.

ReputationRep:
    If you have the confidence, you can pull off pretty much anything!

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm depends where you are going to be honest!
    To pull of that top we need good whether otherwise your going to be freezing lol...
    The shorts are pretty cool if your a skater girl

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't make me think of Avril Lavigne really. There's loads of people who wear slightly baggy shorts and a strappy top in summer - it's relaxed, and far cooler in the sun than wearing really tight shorts instead.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah a vest and shorts like that would go well together.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.