The Student Room Group

How do I go from a D to an A in geography

I keep getting constant D's in my geography exams and idk how to improve 😔
hi
go back to your past solved papers the ones you scored D on and resolve them several time double up on topical past questions
Good luck
Original post by flxwer.
I keep getting constant D's in my geography exams and idk how to improve 😔

I was in the same situation as you!! Don't worry, you can definitely do this.
This is what I did: I did as many past paper as I could, I copied the markschemes of the questions I got wrong on flashcards and I memorised them. I also wrote mini case study files of each topic (example Bangladesh is a great example in an overpopulation case study) and I memorised these closer to the exam date so they stayed fresh in my memory.
the important thing about geography is the essay style. once you have cracked the style, you will get those top grades. i completely understand how difficult it can be to know what to include in responses. a paragraph should include your point, case study evidence and explanation linking back to the question. you then need to provide a deep layer of explanation through adding evaluation, which is where you effectively discuss the positive and negatives of a concept. shoreline coastal management may protect specific stretches of coastline for example, but does not consider the coast as a whole like integrated shoreline management. it is always nice to try and do a link to the next paragraph, but do not stress it this is not possible.

an evaluative conclusion is essential for top marks. have you discussed difference since between HICs and LICs and have you mentioned changes over time? ie. links to climate change.

i study geography and am predicted an a*. it is really really hard but when learning about all topics, think about how you would evaluate and essay practice is honestly key. do one paragraph for the argument and one paragraph against. message me if you have more questions x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending